Friday, September 30, 2011

Dream Sale Purchase, Possible Discrepancy?

Barbiecollector.com Dream Sale purchase

Purchase-wise, I was pretty safe with this year's Barbiecollector.com Dream Sale. I have done damage in September's past during these sales, but this year I only purchased two items:  Barbie Basics Collection 2.Model No. 8 and Look No. 02 accessory pack from the same collection.

Now the discrepancy is that Model No. 8's box reads "Collection 2.1." According to Barbiecollector.com, this collection of dolls and accessory packs is Collection 2.5. Did Mattel make an error on Model No. 8's box?

Is Model No. 8's box a misprint?

Do you know if the box for Model No. 8 is the only one in this collection that reads "Collection 2.1"?

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

6 comments:

  1. No they all have the same discrepancy on their boxes. I have Model 8 and the blonde Louboutin. But the accessory packs are right :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my question, Dollz4moi!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of the 2.1 / 2.5 Barbie Basics yet. While they are the most recognizable American toy manufacturer, Mattel could use better or more careful proofreaders. The incorrect numbers do not affect the dolls, but the discrepancies do affect collectors' records. And these dolls were created for the collectors' market so ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Mattel could use more diligent proofers, D7Ana. I entered the doll in my database as 2.1 thinking that was correct before Dollz4Moi confirmed that 2.1is a Mattel blunder.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were you I would enter the doll in as 2.1/2.5. I have seen it referred to lately as 2.1 on flickr. So blunder or not, years from now people may not remember that it was a blunder. They will just look on the box and see 2.1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great suggestion, Vanessa. I've discarded the box, but I made a notation in the database as follows: Box incorrectly marked as Collection 2.1. Doll is actually from Collection 2.5. First articulated Barbie Basics AA doll; honey blonde hair, hazel eyes; wears metallic dark-gold lame top, denim pants, metallic dark-gold shoes and bangle bracelets. Has doll stand.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!