Thursday, September 22, 2011

New-To-Me 1/6 Man in Town


I incorrectly assumed this guy was by Hasbro when I found him online earlier this week.  He needed a new home.  I thought his face was interesting and that he would look nice dressed and paired with one of the women here.  I hoped he would be tall enough before I completed the purchase.

He arrived yesterday.  He is about the same size as the so-called 12-inch GI Joes and almost the same height as most of my fashion dolls.  Until now, I had never heard of his manufacturer, Lanard Toys Ltd.  The body has a copyright date of 1999, just below his waist.

I Googled the manufacturer's name and found this link for their current line, which may not currently include dolls that share his complexion. 

He is dressed in a Ken fashion.  His big feet are basically just standing on S. I. S. Darren's sneakers.  They barely close in the back.


An unlikely female has already captured his attention.  (She, a Barbie type, was a thrift store find a few weeks back.)  It must be the cleavage.

Anyone know who he is?

dbg

11 comments:

  1. I like these action figures. I have a couple in my collection including him. http://i-luv-dolls.blogspot.com/search/label/Ultra%20Corp His head came in two complexions, dark like you have and medium brown. The original clothing for him was just OK. His hands make it hare to put a shirt on him but there are some great things he can wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Limbe dolls - He indeed is a hunk!

    Thank you Ms. Leo for helping me identify my new man as Junkyard Mountain Recon by Ultra Corps. I will have to give him a better name, something more appropriate and something that "I" can remember. Thanks again!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmpt! Did I spell that right. What a body! Nice face, too. I'm betting it's the cleavage, too. He looks like that type. She has a nice face and nice hair, but I am sure that he hasn't seen it yet. Might take a few months before he realizes she has a face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Ultra Corps guys. I have a few of them before they shortened them and gave them permanent clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shortened and permanent clothes? What a no-no. It's great that you grabbed a few before the company made that terrible move.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vanessa - ROTFLMBO. "I'm betting it's the cleavage, too. He looks like that type."

    BDE, your guy is cute. Most of the Lanard guys I have seen were not so cute though. The only Lanard figures that I have are the I-Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the link and making me aware of the Lanard's I-Girls, D7ana. They look a lot like Barbie.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. His name is junkyard from the Ultra Corps line from lanard 1999. The other black figure is flashfire....I have him.😏

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. Another reader also identified him for me as Junkyard.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!