Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Want One Just Like Me - UK Doll Event


I had the pleasure of "meeting" Ama Gueye after visiting her Operation Sankofa website where a celebration of black dolls and black heritage takes place. I enjoyed reading Ama's personal quest to seek knowledge about her heritage and viewing the gallery, especially the images of Dolly and her dolls.

Ama's upcoming black doll event is what connected us. While I am not able to attend this London, England event, I offered to share information about it here. Spreading the word about the celebration and appreciation for the need of black dolls anywhere, anytime, and in any form is one of the things I enjoy doing.



Operation Sankofa
Presents
the Fourth Event
Celebrating Black Dolls
When:  Saturday, May 26, 2012
Where:  The Brix, St. Matthews Church
Brixton Hill
London SW@ 1JF
Telephone:  0207 738 6604
Adults - £5
6-16 years £3
Under 5 - Free
Time:  2:30 PM - 6:30 PM


dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

5 comments:

  1. You know if you wanted to go, I would be willing to tag along. Going to London was recently added to my list. Sounds like a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,

      You have an impressive, often daredevilish list of things you'd like to do/accomplish.

      This does does sound like a wonderful event. I look forward to seeing Ama's pictures.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Great post! I wish I was able to attend this event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! Great work!
    have you heard about the Queens of Africa dolls? Check them out. www.queensofafrica.com or follow on twitter @queensofafrica.
    you would be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!