Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chandra is So In Style

SIS Chandra wears a SIS Club-exclusive fashion

So In Style Rocawear Chandra #2 was redressed in a two-piece purple, So In Style Club-exclusive fashion by doll fashion designer, MashauDe'.  This two piece ensemble is crafted from a rich silk shantung fabric.  It is fully lined, featuring a top with a wide dรฉcolletรฉ, shoulder straps with button accents, a gathered bust line, and button over snap back closures. The matching pencil skirt is fully lined with button over snap back closure and is tailored specifically to fit the S.I.S. doll hips. 

Doesn't Chandra look absolutely stunning? 
Chandra's accessories, which were not included with the ensemble, include:

1.  A faux diamond necklace (made from an expandable toe ring).
2.  Faux diamond stud earrings.
3.  Faux diamond bracelet (made from a strand of a dangle earring; clasp together with a clear rubber band wrapped several times around the two adjoining faux diamonds at the ends.)
4.  Glimmering clutch bag (made from heavyweight silver wrapping paper, folded into a clutch shape, and painted with silver glitter nail polish, sealed with clear nail polish).
5.  Glimmering silver strappy high heels, painted with silver glitter nail polish, sealed with clear nail polish).

I created the background of Chandra's redressed photograph using Microsoft Paint to type the purple words, So In Style in Freestyle Script.  Next, I stood Chandra on a small doll box in front of my monitor and snapped several photographs using a variation of light techniques.  The best three photographs were cropped.  Using a combination of Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop, I painted away the unwanted items in the background to create one color.

Below is a photo of Chandra wearing her original Rocawear fashion.  The images that follow illustrate some of the steps and photos taken to create the first picture in this post.
Chandra before the redress
Chandra stands on doll box in front of a computer-generated background for an initial photo; this photo captures the true color of her dress, but the monitor reflects the camera's flash.

This photo was taken with the camera's flash off.  I did use a snap on lamp for extra lighting.  Before deciding not to use this picture, I painted away some of the background from the lower portion of the monitor -- you can no longer see which programs I had open when I took this photo and the DELL logo is no longer visible on the monitor.  I used Microsoft Paint to "paint" that away.



dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Creative and time consuming... at least for me. This was my first time using Photoshop.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Great picture, Debbie! Chandra looks stunning in her new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy and sassy Chandra. Becoming outfit and well done photo. Thanks for sharing the how-to tips, DBG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey D7ana - thanks and you're welcome!

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Chandra is my favorite of all the girls. I love her skin tone and features..her purple dress is absolutely gorgeous on her dark skin.

      Delete
    3. Chandra is my favorite of the SIS girls, too. Trichelle used to be, but for the last couple of years at least, Chandra is my "it" girl.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Very classy pic of Chandra. I'm working on a few of her, one is her dressed in a kimono lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chynadoll. I know your Chandras will be fabulous when finished!

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! That is cool what you did with background editing. I need to invest in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. PhotoShop is a powerful program.

      I did something similar with the background in this photo. I found the image of the car on the Internet; saved it to my picture directory after cropping off any unwanted background; opened it up in Microsoft paint; placed "Debbie" in front of the monitor and took her photo. Since I only needed "Debbie's" head and torso, I cropped off the excess background that wasn't needed in the photo without having to use Paint or Photoshop to paint anything away. The final photo gives the illusion that "Debbie" is outside with the car.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. She does look stunning! The outfit is beautiful. I love all the creative accessories you added. Very creative with the backdrop, too. She is now ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa. You're the only one who mentioned her accessories. I appreciate that. She looks like she was a guest at Rod and Danielle's wedding.
      :-)

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!