Friday, September 14, 2012

City Girls Beginning Collector Fashion Dolls and Fashion Packs

Astor (Color Block, dressed doll); Billy (Taxi, dressed doll); Brook-Lynn (in Cape Town fashion pack), and Houston (in Networking fashion pack) -- All images are courtesy of Jason Reilley, Tonner Toys

With a scheduled November 2012 arrival these four, fun, fashionable, articulated 16-inch dolls are the City Girls™.  Their motto is "If you can DREAM it, you can BE it!™"  Each doll has her own inspiring story line (click the images to enlarge).  Designed for the budding collector, seasoned collectors will enjoy incorporating these young ladies and their fashionable clothing into their collections. 


 
City Girls Basic Houston
City Girls Basic Brook-Lynn
 Two of the four girls will be sold as Basic Dolls:  22-year-old, personal shopper Houston and 23-year-old, event-planner Brook-Lynn.  Both will arrive dressed in robe, lace camisole, lace "boy shorts," and high-heel strappy shoes.  The basic girls are $39.99 each.

Astor, Dressed Doll
Billy, Dressed Doll

The fashionably dressed dolls shown above are:  Astor, a 23-year-old fitness model who wears a color blocked fashion consisting of top, skirt, leopard-print purse, three bangle bracelets, and high-heel strappy shoes.   Dark-haired Billy, a 24-year-old bakery owner, wears bolero jacket, belted tunic dress, leggings, high-heel bootlets, and shoulder bag.  The dressed dolls, excluding the deluxe doll, are $49.99 each.

Deluxe Dressed Astor in Golden Swirl Gown is priced $69.99. 

Fashion Packs:


The separately sold fashion packs (shown above in the last three images) Capetown, Gray Haze, and Networking are $25 each.  Dolls and separately sold fashion packs will be sold through TonnerToys.com and Fao.com with again, a proposed availability of November 2012.   



dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

13 comments:

  1. They have a very unique sculpt. I was sucked in by all the stories. Nice to see that charity is a common theme. So glad I don't collect 16" anymore. I would be buying. Great price points on the dolls and the fashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa,

      The sculpt is unique. I enjoyed reading their stories, which are all inspiring and motivating. Younger girls need dolls that reflect goals, aspirations, and achievements... they need dolls that are fully dressed yet still fashionable. I think City Girls meets these demands, particularly since the line is also inclusive of at least one dark skinned character.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Oh. Never seen them before. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada,

      They'll be available in November. I agree; they are really cute.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are really nice. I do wish they had different eyes though. The price is making me whimper but for the size I do think it's reasonable. I don't have any 16 inch dolls but their stories and fashions are really appealing. The hyphen in Brooklynn's name makes me wince though. If I ever bought one, it would be Astor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff,

      What do you not like about the eyes?

      The price for higher-end dolls targeted for the younger set seems very reasonable and competitive to me. But I am probably speaking from a collector's point of view. Their price pales in comparison to what I have paid for some dolls.

      City Girls falls into two categories: dolls for the budding collector that may also appeal to the high-end collector. While some parents may not want to shell out the cash for a doll like this (but pay maybe a third to a half for a Bratz or a Monster High) doll collectors might feel different about them, especially with the extra fashion packs that might work well with other 16-inch dolls. I'm thinking Lizette may be able to wear some of the fashions (or hoping she can at least).

      Thanks for commenting.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Their eyes seem overly large to me and project a slightly cartoonish appearance. They all also seem to have the same eye color. This will probably be a weird statement but they look like replicas of an anime program as opposed to a replica of a person. Not that I still don't want one.

      Delete
    3. Hi Muff,

      Thanks for the eye explanation. I had to enlarge the pictures to check the eye color.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Those are really nice! Tonner really makes so nice dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and great price. I am trying to stay away from the 16 inch dolls. I vowed not to purchase anymore. The price makes them tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GG,

      I understand the dilemma. For the past couple of years I have tried to shy away from dolls larger than playscale, but have been known to make exceptions, because of my incurable unfocused collector status. If I like it, I will buy.

      It would be nice if Tonner would incorporate 12-inch (articulated) dolls into the Tonner Toys line, males and females representing all ethnicities. I think they would be a hit at Tonner Toys, targeted, like these, for the younger set yet still appealing to people like us.

      I'm all for another B alternative!

      :-)


      dbg

      Delete
  6. I love the new City dolls. Will have to consideer buying at least one and also buy the Capetown outfit. I too wish Tonner would make 12 in dolls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!