Friday, November 30, 2012

Tyra Banks as Life-Size Eve, Again

Screen-captured image of Tyra Banks with Eve dolls from the movie, Life-Size

I have never seen the Disney made-for-TV film Life-Size starring Tyra Banks as Eve, a playscale doll that comes to life.  The movie costars a young, Lindsay Lohan.  After learning about this year 2000-released movie, I wondered then if the Eve doll had been marketed.  Apparently not.

A couple of days ago, I saw the above screen-captured image of Banks holding Eve dolls on a Facebook page.  I did a mini Google search and learned there will be a sequel to the movie, Life-Size.  Tyra Banks will executive produce it with Disney for the Disney channel.  A release date has not been announced.

I may or may not view the sequel, but again I wonder if playscale dolls will be manufactured and who will design them.


dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

10 comments:

  1. I never knew about the first show. Sounds kind of interesting. I may try to watch. Are those all Eve dolls she is holding? Would be nice to see them on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept meaning to watch Life-Size but never did. It's still on my to do list. Will check to see if it is a Netflix offering and/or a free Amazon Prime movie.

    Yes, those are all Eve dolls Tyra is holding.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this movie. As far as I know the dolls used in the movie were from Integrity Toys - Janay. Oh and that profile is not the real Robert Best.:( I have him in my list also but I know it's not him from a BC designer chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ada. Now that you have mentioned Janay, I can see the resemblance.

    Thanks for the info on the Best FB page. I see now that it is a "community page."

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the movie. The doll in the movie was Janay. I think advertisements featured her. The male doll was either from sleeping beauty or Ariel. They did not use Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting... I didn't know the movie includes a male doll. Now I'd really like to see Life-Size. Thanks for this movie trivia MDW!

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I vaguely remember watching the original when it came out. It would be nice if some new dolls resulted from the remake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't search Disney channel listings for it, but it's not offered on Amazon Prime or Netflix (for free, which is the only way I'd watch it if it were.) I'd like to see the original... for free.

    :-)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its gonna be on Freeform October 3rd at 10AM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. I missed the reairing, but I saw it in the channel line up last night (12/20/2018) while viewing the cable guide menu.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!