Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

The following is a brief transcript of a conversation I had with my daughter yesterday around 3:30 p.m.:

Me:  Hello

Daughter:  Where are you?

Me:  At the store, why?  Where are you? (Thinking she was at my house to visit).

Daughter:  Still at work.  You know you have to check up on old people because they can come up missing.

Me:  I'm not that old, yet.

Daughter to youngest son who was with her:  Tell Granny what you said.

Grandson:  [something about buying me] a doll.

Daughter:  Did you understand him?

Me:  No.

Daughter:  Say it again, slowly so she can understand you.

(Admittedly sometimes I cannot hear clearly on my cell phone.)

Grandson:  I said, Can't we just buy her a doll?

Daughter:  I told him tomorrow's Granny's birthday and he said, "Can't we just buy her a doll?  That's all she wants."

Me:  Awwww... tell him I love him.

Daughter:  He can hear you, Mama.  I have the speaker on.

Me: Oh [acting my age].  I love you Logan.

Logan:  I love you too, Granny.



Logan at age 3 months, June 3, 2006, in Granny's doll room/office

Logan is now a 7-year-old first grader at the school where my daughter teaches.  My husband and I were the "daycare providers" for both grandsons from their ages 3 months until they were enrolled in Mother's Day Out at age 3.   They have been around my dolls all their lives and probably consider it abnormal for people not to own them or just normal for people who do.

I love dolls, but my children and grandchildren are my greatest gifts. 


Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

10 comments:

  1. Awwww, how sweet! Logan knows granny. Happy birthday! Have some cake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww!!! He is so sweet!
    Happy birthday!! And I hope you get the doll of your dreams for your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! My Gianna is 6. Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a precious story. : )

    Happy Birthday Debbie! I hope you are having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so precious. He knows what granny wants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies. Yesterday was a grand day!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! It's wonderful that your grandson already knows just what pleases you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww this picture is so sweet, I could cry :) Happy birthday, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulette and Shasha - thank you for the happy bithday wishes!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!