Thursday, May 2, 2013

So In Style Spring Fling Contestants


Baby Phat Chandra is ready for a Spring Fling
Now that the So In Style (S.I.S.) Yahoo Group's Spring Fling Photo Contest has ended, I feel comfortable sharing the images of my S.I.S. females and their non-SIS mates who dressed to impress before entering the contest.   The rules of the contest were simple:  Post photos of S.I.S. girls sporting their spring wear to the specified group album.

Group members voted for their two favorite photos; and the winner, who won an S.I.S. Baby Phat Kara, was announced this past weekend.

Unfortunately for me and my dolls, none placed first, but one image received honorable mention with the 2nd highest votes cast.

For me it's not all about winning because it was fun deciding on the fashions my girls would wear. 

The contestants are shown and described below.

Chandra and her non-S.I.S. beau were unveiled in a recent post about the loveseat on which she sits.   Except for her updated shoes, Chandra wears the complete Barbie Fashion Avenue Balcony Party fashion ©2000. This  image and the ones that follow were entered in the contest.
Close-up of Chandra and Michael Jordan (head on action figure body)
Grace poses with another Michael Jordan figure (that actually looks like him).  Grace wears the Brunch in Boston Barbie Fashion Avenue ensemble, which is also from the year 2000.
Grace and Michael steal a loving glance at one another in this close-up picture.

The lovely Trichelle borrowed this pale pink dress designed by Jason Wu for Integrity's Simply Chic Alysa, 2000.  Tariq (Integrity Toys) is Trichelle's suitor. 

Close-up of Trichelle and Tariq.

Marisa and Kara posed in the final outside image.  Their outfits are by Mattel.
 
Which one of these is your favorite and, if you are not an S.I.S. Yahoo Group member, which photo do you think won honorable mention in the So In Style Spring Fling Photo Contest?


*****

Note:  The So in Style Baby Phat dolls have finally arrived online at Shop.Mattel.com




dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

15 comments:

  1. All are very nice. The second pic is my favorite. I am a SIS member so I will leave that to someone else to choose the honorable mention pic. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GG. I think Chandra and her beau are a handsome couple. Of the fashions, Chandra's is the best IMO.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Nice photos. I really like the Marisa and Kara in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MDW. Theirs (Marisa and Kara's) was the last photo I took and was a last minute thought.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I like Michael Jordan pictures.

    By the way, I saw this on ebay and know you do research on different Black dolls. Are these of any significance?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/EUC-LOT-2-Vintage-1980-Ice-Cream-Dolls-African-American/181097086075?_trksid=p2050601.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D555013%26algo%3DPW.MFBBMBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D254%26meid%3D7375583879158611143%26pid%3D100085%26prg%3D1133%26rk%3D1%26%26clkid%3D7375586838406870229&_qi=RTM1428741#ht_147wt_917

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simsgrl,

      My research usually involves vintage dolls. But in answer to your question about these AA ice cream dolls bearing any significance, I personally think all dolls are significant in one way or another. It is the degree of significance that will vary from doll to doll.

      Dolls like this pair may interest an adult who owned them as a child who seeks to replace their childhood dolls.

      Additionally, I read where these were recalled because of a possible choking hazard. Recalled items often generate a measure of collectible appeal.

      I also found a website about dolls from the 80s with a discussion board about the ice cream dolls. These dolls (probably their white counterparts) seem to be quite popular there. I would imagine that fewer AA sets were made (which is usually the case) and which usually escalates the secondary market price.

      Thanks for the share.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I like Marisa and Kara in the Garden. I love taking Outside photos!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love outside photos (looking at them)... taking them outside is another story. Thanks for sharing your opinion Mustiwait.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Great photos and fashions. I think Trichelle won but I'm partial to her. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... that's the reason Trichelle is your profile image, Muff. She used to be my fave of the SIS dolls, too, but only because she was originally the only one with textured hair.

      Chandra has always been at the top of my SIS fave list, too. I especially like Baby Phat Chandra.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I was too busy looking at your guys to notice which SIS lady might have won honorable mention. You have some great menswear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Paulette!

    I love seeing a well-dressed man.

    BTW - the outside photo of Marisa and Kara received honorable mention. I guess those "artificial" flowers I placed in the ground helped!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the couples look great! I love what you chose for all three ladies. I can't even pick a favorite. I just took another look. Nope. I can't decide. All three are beautiful. Congrats on your honorable mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa.

      I entered all five SIS ladies. But maybe you just like what I chose for 3/5.

      :-)

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Sorry. I kind of got caught up with the three with the men. I didn't really look that closely at the other ladies. I just took another look. You dressed them very nicely.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!