Friday, April 17, 2015

I.T.B.E. Luscious 2012


I.T.B.E. Luscious
New to me, I wanted I.T.BE. (Integrity Toys Basic Edition) Luscious because of her head sculpt and natural textured hair.  The body (as described in my doll inventory workbook) is jointed at the waist only with arms permanently bent at  the elbows.  The doll retailed for $25 in 2012, which is what I paid after the seller kindly offered a $5 refund for a minor imperfection that I discovered upon her arrival.

Luscious has slightly parted lips.
Spreadsheet Description
12-inch fashion doll has brown painted eyes, natural textured hair in up-swept ponytail (now loose); wears white fitted dress with faux snakeskin belt and pointed sleeves at shoulders, off-white shoes with red bottoms, white undies; came with flimsy white doll stand with square base.  I.T.B.E. = Integrity Toys Basic Edition.  Quality-wise, the doll is very basic.  Jointed at the waist only.  LE 1000



After piercing her ears and adding dangle earrings, I removed the rubber band that held the hair in the up-do and gave her a few strands of side-swept bangs.  The loose ends were stretched down and around to create the look shown below:


This hairstyle is more becoming.

Luscious models her white dress from the front...

...and from the back to show off the V-shaped low-cut back.
 I have no plans to rebody her for now, but that is a possibility for the future.   

dbg

17 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful-I love her face! I also really like her hair and it looks gorgeous down. Lovely doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Farrah Lily. The new hairstyle detracts attention away from her long neck.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. She is pretty. I like the new hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she has a very lovely face. If you watched Empire, her eyes remind me of Anika (a.k.a. Boo Boo Kitty).

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Love her hair and the dress. The dress seems very Dynasty to me. I could see Alexis Colby Carrington wearing that.

    But what was the imperfection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body-wise, she gives off a young Whitney Houston vibe to me, especially her thin shapely legs.

      When she arrived, she had a more obvious vinyl rub on her forehead. I used an unused pencil eraser to minimize the shine of the rub. It is still there but not as apparent since I essentially erased it (almost) away.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Wow Debbie, you gave her a very different look by taking her hair down. I have never thought to do so. I will have to remove the rubber band now that I have seen yours. I enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was going to take her hair down even before she arrived, GG. I hope you will enjoy your doll even more after freeing her tresses.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. She looks great with her hair down. I might have to remove the rubber band on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luscious would probably appreciate you for allowing her to let her hair hang loose, MDW.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I just got her. She was up for sale for months, I figure she wanted to come home with me. rebodied her as soon as i opened the package. Her new hair should arrive soon. ( It will still be textured )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting this one!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!