Friday, October 16, 2015

Beautiful Nubia Kemita by Muna Mboa

Nubia Kemita x2 by Muna Mboa arrived in tissue-wrapped, logo-sealed boxes along with two graphic information cards and a colorful poster.

The moment I saw photos of Nubia Kemita on Facebook, I knew she was a must-have doll for me.  I waited, however, to receive another collector's opinion of the doll she ordered prior to placing my order last week.  As a result of her review, I ordered two dolls.  One will be a gift for a 10-year-old girl.

As indicated on the company's website, each doll's dress is different.  I like both; however, most of the dresses I have seen have a red patterned bodice, which is why I chose to keep the one with tan patterned bodice for myself.

As shown in the first image, the dolls arrived with two graphic information cards and a colorful poster.

The poster has bubble greetings in a variety of languages. 

Another full-length view illustrates the dolls' dresses from a different angle.  Both wear yellow bracelets.

This close-up shot (when stretched or enlarged by clicking) provides a better view of the lovely face and beautiful coiled, closely rooted hair.

In different languages (African, French, Portuguese and Spanish) on the back of the box, the doll provides greetings.  The Spanish or Espagnol (GuinΓ©e Equatoriale) text is translated to read:

Hello, my name is Nubia Kemita and I 'm your new best friend. Come with me to discover the history and African cultures.  

The side panels of the box are identical.  One panel is illustrated on the right which reads:

Nubia Kemita®
Conteuse de cultures/Cultures storyteller.






The doll I am keeping is photographed outside the box but still attached to box liner.



The index and first fingers are separate on the right hand; the ring and little fingers are separate on the left hand.  She can wear tiny rings on these fingers, if desired.

I am very pleased with this approximately 11-1/2 inch doll with jointed elbows and knees.  I like her textured hair and the fact that her dress does not appear to be a print of an African textile.  The legs are a little thin and the feet have only a slight arch as illustrated next.

Almost flat feet
She wears blue low heels with molded ribbons at the open toe.



I tried a few Barbie shoes on her for size.  A shoe swap with a Fashionista Barbie illustrates shoe alternatives or not, as seen next.


These black flat sandals by Mattel fit but the ankle straps do not meet in back.

The fit is the same for these beige Barbie sandals; there is a gap in back where the slit in the vinyl should close or at least meet.  (The color variation of the same shoe in the two combined photos is due to lighting differences.)

This shoe swapping photo illustrates that Nubia Kemita's shoes will not fit the higher arched foot of the fashionista who tried them on.  Her feet will slide into the fashionista's shoe but the fit is improper.  I believe she might be able to stand in them, however.

The shoes tried on that fit Nubia Kemita best are a pair of black flats made for the 2015 Barbie Fashionistas, shown above.
Height-wise, as indicated, she measures 11-1/2 inches and is approximately the same height as the 2015 Barbie Fashionistas with flat feet.  One of my dolls eased inside Nubia Kemita's box and stands on my wedding band to bring her feet even with Kemita's for this final height-comparison photo.

Nubia Kemita and Emerald Goddess pose for one final photo.

How to Order
The doll's cost is $25 plus shipping, which is steep because the company uses Global Express Mail. 

Ordering from Amazon.fr (text will be in French) is available for the French market.  

I ordered from the company's website, where ordering is also in French.  (Thanks again Phyllis!)

Ordering From the Muna Mboa Website:
If you are ordering one (1) doll, click the Ajouter Panier button (orange button).  If you want more, change the 1 to the total desired.

Find the orange shopping cart and click on that to check out.

On the next screen, select your country and state in the drop-down menu that is adjacent to “postal code.”
Then enter your zip code in the “postal code” box.
Click the “proceder a la commande” button on lower right (orange button).

Enter your First and Last Names in the Prenom and Nom fields.
Skip down to Adresses and enter your street address.
Ville – Enter your city.
Etat – Enter your state.
Code postal – Enter your zip code.
Adresse email – Enter your email address.
Telephone – Enter your telephone number.
If you want to create an account, check the “creer uncompte” box.

Scroll down on same screen to choose payment type, Paypal or Credit card, click the appropriate box, then click the “commande button.”

I used Paypal, which will take you to Paypal where you complete the payment.  From Paypal, I had to click a link to return to the company’s website. 

Once you return to their website, I believe there is another orange button to click to place order. 

Note:  On one of the screens, there is a box that needs to be checked which confirms your agreement with whatever you're agreeing to (ha!).  If the box is not checked, you will not be able to proceed.  My instructions do not include the exact location in the ordering process where this box should be checked, because honestly I do not remember.  I just recall not being able to proceed without clicking to check the box, which I believe was on the lower left side of the screen.  So watch for it!

If all else fails, click their contact button for instructions.

dbg

19 comments:

  1. This is a very nice doll! I followed the link you provided to Amazon France, and used Google translator to read it in English, which worked fine. As soon as I logged in, I got a message that said: "Sorry, we do not ship to addresses in the United States." So I guess you would just have to order directly from the company :(. I also tried logging in to my Amazon US account and searching for the doll, but she was not found in that search. She is a very beautiful doll. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the additional Amazon.fr ordering information, Phyllis. Prior to publishing, I went to the site, carted a doll, but didn't go beyond that step. I tried removing it from my cart, but wasn't able to do that.

      I also checked to see if ordering was available on Amazon.com, but as you discovered, it is not.

      I will revise the post with the information you have shared. Thanks again!

      dbg

      Delete
  2. What a stunning doll. I love everything about her from her hair, to her face and to her dress. She is beautiful. I hope you and the 10 year old enjoy her very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Farrah Lily. I am enjoying her and I am sure the 10-year-old (princess as Thammie referred to her) will as well.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I love her! So well done. Hope to see more of her on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Nubia Kemita will make a return entrance here soon, Vanessa.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. She is beautiful. My favourite parts are her hair and her nose. I hope you will have lots of fun finding new outfits and shoes for her.
    I'm sure the 10 years old princess will love her doll.
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlette! I love her nose and hair, too. She exudes confidence.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new doll! She's lovely. And 11.5" - yay!

    I agree with Thammie about liking the doll's hair and nose AND that the 10-year old will surely love the doll ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congratulations, D7ana.

      I was thinking she might be a little shorter than she actually is, but was pleased that she measures a full 11-1/2 inches.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Wow! You've got the dolls! They are very pretty! I liked the fact that they are articulated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Articulation is always nice, Lady LoLo! Initially when I moved her arms, one felt a little stiff, but it eventually moved freely. I wish I had taken a photo of the knee articulation, which is nicely done.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Wow!, she is pretty. I have to have her too. I love everything you have showcased about her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried Francie shoes or Starr/Jazzie shoes on her feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skippercollector,

      I have not tried any other shoes than the ones mentioned in the post on Nubia Kemita. I don't own Starr Jazzie and my Francies remain in their boxes with the exception of the Francie from my childhood. I think her feet might be a bit wider than Francie's, however. I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. Wow, some seriously gorgeous dolls. I really like their noses, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her nose is her strongest facial feature. Love it too! That hair though... I love it too. That dress though... love that as well. :-)

      dbg

      Delete
  10. They are lovely! I especially love their hair!!!I hope that they become available to US.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!