Friday, November 20, 2015

Doll Legacy Award


I am one of four recipients of  the Doll Legacy Award presented by Sandy Epps of Sandy's Land Entertainment.

Other award recipients this year were:
Dr. Margaret L. Betts ("facilitator of the first Black doll show in Detroit over 12 years ago")
Tony Scott Grant of Haus of Swag and the Dollhaus Project
Georgette Taylor (formerly of Big Beautiful Dolls), founder of  the I Am Beautiful Doll Company


The awards were presented at the 2015 4th Annual Detroit Doll Show, which was held on November 14, 2015, at the Charles H. Wright Museum in Detroit, Michigan.

The award reads:

Doll Legacy Award
In Honor of Your Work That Inspires Women and Children
 to "Love the Skin They're In"
2015 Doll Show
November 14, 2015

To be recognized along with such other accomplished women for what I enjoy doing in the Black-doll community is such a great honor.  I regret that I was not able to be there to accept the award in person, but I have received it with great pleasure and gratitude.

Thank you again Sandy for honoring me and congratulations on the the success of this year's show. Wishing you many, many more annual Detroit Doll Shows that each surpass the success of the previous year's show by no less than tenfold.

 dbg

14 comments:

  1. Ms. Garrett, Thank YOU for being one of my biggest inspirations to continue to host Sandy's Land Detroit Doll Show. This year was our largest event's with over 1000 people in attendance. Your Doll Ministry is a Blessing to people all over the world. You are APPRECIATED! Thank YOU because empower others to "Love the Skin They're In!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So well deserved. Very nice looking award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join the consensus - congratulations on a well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My sister made it to the doll show and she said she had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! Well done! You are the perfect person to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the congratulations and Sandy, thank you, again and again for the honor.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I join the rest who say it was well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your well-deserved award! I certainly do appreciate you, and you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Debbie dear....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!