Friday, April 14, 2017

New Articulated Musician Barbie

All photos are Internet captured.

Amazon has this doll labeled as "Barbie Girls Music Activity Playset."  For the past couple of days, quantities have been in and out of stock.  I managed to find one in stock yesterday and placed an order.  Currently, Amazon Prime customers can enjoy free shipping and a cost of $19.99 + tax for this articulated, dark skinned musician Barbie that comes with the items shown in the additional Internet-captured photos and as described below:
Accessories include:  guitar with strap, keyboard, stand, bench, sheet music, two mics, headphones, and water bottle, all for $19.99!
She's wearing white high-top sneakers with her blouse and skirt ensemble, which leads me to wonder about her feet.  Can she only wear flats or can she wear heels as well?  I'll post an update after my doll arrives.  




Here is the direct link to the buy page where the full description can be read.

The doll is also available as a blonde, which, when last checked, was available to order.  See her here.


dbg
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
Check out my eBay listings here.

15 comments:

  1. She's so pretty and has so many accessories. All that and articulation too! Mattel is going all out :-)
    Unlike City Chic Barbie which I bought after I saw the comparison pics you posted for me -Thanks again:D- this one doesn't ship to my town...yet. I'll bide my time ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mattel did go all out with this one. She's going to be an automatic hit.


      dbg

      Delete
  2. You almost got me to buy a couple, but I exercised some restraint. That is a very nice set. I'm interested to see how the color compares to some of the other dark skinned dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing else interested you, I thought the accessories would, Vanessa. I can see you owning this one eventually.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Morristown needs a music teacher.

      dbg

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't use her as a music teacher. This set screams recording studio, so she would be the Kelly Roland in town. We have a music teacher in town, I just haven't had time to explore the stories. Tsk. Tsk.

      Delete
    4. That sounds fun... A celeb in Morristown.

      She's going to just be a doll here, but will get that pink lip color removed and lips repainted first.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. She will have a nice home here with other musician friends, eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I ordered her! πŸ€— Actually, I ordered a couple to have in my stock of body donors. I have seen photos of her on Flickr and she has the high heel feet, but I will take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you ordered a couple, Phyllis.

      I thought about ordering a couple, but I want to see how versatile, shoe-wise, her feet are first. I was just happy to see the articulation with this complexion.

      What I would like to see Mattel do is separately sell articulated bodies in a variety of complexions and offer heads to match. The neck connectors should be like they were in the '60s for ease of placing heads on and removing them from the bodies. I will keep hope alive for this.



      dbg

      Delete
  5. Wow! Thank you for the heads up! I hope her skin is dark enough for fashionista #57 or maybe Basic #8 col. 2. I just bought an A tone Integrity body on sale for $15 and it works well for Boho Fringe. I whacked her lanky curls off and she looks a tiny bit like Michelle Obama. Still holding my breath for some nice curvy MTMs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy for you Bailey. I hope this body matches the dolls you mentioned, too. Curvy MTMs would be wonderful!

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!