Friday, November 13, 2015

Walmart-Exclusive My Life As Doll Commercial Re-Published!

A little boy shops at Walmart with Mom in this Walmart Christmas commercial.
I have seen the following commercial aired on TVOne, an African American-owned network, and more recently on OWN (the Oprah Winfrey Network). A search for it online was futile, so when I caught it again on TVOne, I rewound the DVR, paused it a few seconds before the commercial would replay, and grabbed my iPad to record it. 

The commercial is about a little boy and his mother shopping at Walmart for a special Christmas gift before they visit the home of a father and daughter.




I transcribed the narration and dialog as follows:

Narration: It's that time of year when we pick out just the right gifts for those we love the most. (Mother asks the boy, "See anything you like?" The boy sees the My Life As dolls and gasps! He removes a doll from the shelf; the box bumps his forehead. He turns to his mother and says, "This is it, Mom! I want this!" Mom says, "I think that's the right choice.") 

Narration: But the enjoyment truly comes when we learn to give to others... and it doesn't matter how big or small. What matter's most is that it comes from the heart." They enter the home they are visiting.  The boy tells the girl, "Merry Christmas!" as he hands her the wrapped doll. The girl, who appears to be the daughter of the man they are visiting, is very happy to receive the doll. Finally, the man proposes to the little boy's mother and presents her with a boxed diamond ring.  The boy gives a "yes!" gesture after his Mom accepts the proposal.  


My Motto:  All is well that ends well particularly when dolls and diamonds are involved.

:-)

dbg

18 comments:

  1. Cute commercial! Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Phyllis (very touching). I usually don't stop in my tracks when commercials come on, but for this one, I do.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love!! I especially love the little boy's reaction in the ending. To cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too cute. I was not expecting what actually happened.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this commercial with us. Really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you were able to view it, Arlette! You're welcome!

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Aw, what a touching commercial. I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know that feeling when you see such touching moments, when your heart feels squeezed and tears almost come out from your eyes! Yes, that's me! (I even cry on the bus reading my reader's digest stories LOL!)

    Thanks for sharing, Debbie.. Reminds me to check on my presents list today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.... how sweet, Shasha. I love your description: "when your heart feels squeezed and tears almost come out." I can truly relate.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. That's the doll I want! Dolls and diamonds, who could ask for anything more. (I'll pass on the man though....just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny.

      There were two thoughtful young men in this commercial who put some thought into the gifts they selected for the young ladies. I just love it with that much consideration is given to gift giving.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Very sweet commercial. I have not seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what I miss when I only watch Youtube videos. A lovely commercial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - This very commercial came up on my YouTube video watching the other day. Stop skipping all the ads. LOL!

      Delete
    2. LOL!

      I skip the ads on Youtube, too, Vanessa. I can't wait for the Skip This Ad prompt. I think the only one I have watched recently was one of the ones with Mary J. Blige, Taraji P. Henson, and Kerry Washington.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. I fast forward all commercials except this one. Such a young handsome man with a list, cash and love in his heart.His eyeglasses represent his beautiful character and the adoration of finding the perfect gift spreads across his face and sucks in his audience. He eagerly walks into the home with joy and receives happiness. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!