Saturday, August 2, 2014

National Doll Day - 1st Sunday in August

NEW logo

Everyday is doll day for me because my love for them is 24/7, 365 and sometimes 366.  I just discovered that tomorrow and every 1st Sunday of August is National Doll Day.  Since I have a guest post scheduled for tomorrow, which will run for the entire week, I decided to publish this quick post today for those who also might have been unaware of the special day devoted to dolls.

As noted on the one-page website, National Doll Day was created on May 18, 2011.  The creator wrote: 
This was after searching the Internet for some type of recognition and found nothing! I believe dolls, and what they have brought to so many lives, in so many cultures throughout the ages, deserve their special day!

I learned the First Sunday in August is "Friendship Day" - an "aha" moment indeed! What a splendid day to honor our "bestest" friend!

Happy National Doll Day -- happy every doll day.  Join the celebration!

National Doll Day website
National Doll Day Blog
National Doll Day the Blog on Facebook




  1. Happy National Doll Day!!! Who knew?!

  2. Thanks for this information Debbie! Hmmmm, I think that I need to buy a new doll to celebrate! :)

  3. Yes, let's celebrate! I like the idea of celebrating with a new doll purchase.

    Yes, Lee, who knew?


  4. Now that's my kinda holiday ;-)

    Thanks for sharing!

  5. What a perfectly awesome reason for a holiday!

  6. Thanks for the info. Knowing today is national doll day gets my whole week off to a great start!


Thank you! Your comments are appreciated!