Monday, November 16, 2015

Fancy Flowers #20 Fashionista

Barbie Fashionista #20 Fancy Flowers

I had zero plans of purchasing the doll that I initially thought was So In Style Kara revamped.  This was based on her prototype image.  Then actual photos surfaced on Facebook of #20 Fashionista, Fancy Flowers. I was still on the fence about purchasing, however.


It was the $7.94 price on Amazon.com with free shipping for me since I am a Prime member, that prompted the purchase. Wow, is what I thought when I opened the shipping box.  This doll is gorgeous!  I absolutely love her deep coffee brown complexion.  Thus, her name is Coffey.

Being dark brown with auburn highlights, her hair is pleasantly darker than the prototype's.


Unlike the doll that shares her head sculpt, Tyra (a.k.a. Pants So Pink), Coffey has high-heeled feet.

Tyra and Coffey

Above is a comparison photo of both lovely ladies that share the same new head sculpt.

I have not removed Coffey from her plastic confines yet, but will do so soon to see if I can remove that nasty milky looking spot from her cheek.  If it cannot be removed, I will exchange her for another in hopes that the replacement is blemish free.

dbg

21 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! Coffee is really gorgeous. I am glad you purchased her. I hope you will either be able to remove the stain or get a new unblemished one.
    Take good care of yourself!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlette,

      I was able to remove the stain this morning. I peeled it off with my fingertip. She's not completely removed from the box, but I will do that soon.

      Thanks for commenting and I will take care of myself. Please do the same.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Coffey is a beauty. She reminds me of some vintage Barbies with her lovely complexion :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Yes, her complexion does remind you of the 1960s Christie, Julia, and others.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Didn't take much to knock you off that fence. That free shipping will do it every time. Lol! She is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Vanessa... it doesn't take much for me to remove myself from the fence. I'll admit that. :-)

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Coffey is a beautiful doll! I'm glad that you were able to remove the spot from her cheek. Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffey is a beautiful doll! I'm glad that you were able to remove the spot from her cheek. Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne! I am glad I was able to remove it too.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Hi,Debbie!
    I really like this face mold.Something by the light skin version (the 2015 Fashionista doll with green T-shirt) makes me remind Mariah Carey when she was young...this new version is pretty beautiful and I'm gald you have a new girl on your beautiful collection (I don't forgot to send you some images of the little baiana from Brasil - original hand-craft )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jorge,

      They both are lovely. I will have to view photos of younger Mariah and compare her with "Tyra" to see if I see similarities.

      Take your time with the baiana doll pictures. I know you will send them when time permits.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Congrats! She is lovely! Now I'm not sure which to get! It might be easier to find an articulated body for the lighter doll but the darker complexion is calling me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SIS doll in this post is a perfect match for Pretty Flowers, Ms. Leo, but finding an articulated one might be a little difficult.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. I am hoping that the darker skinned doll shows up for the holidays. She is on my Wish List....to purchase for myself :-) I was able to purchase the other one today. I was super excited. I had to get assistance to have her removed from the top shelf. :-) I was not leaving without her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on finding Pants so Pink, GG. I hope Fancy Flowers shows up locally soon. Our hunt and chase is never ending.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. She's beautiful! Definitely on my "to buy" list. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite complexion! Hope she stays that price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $7.94 is a great price and the ability to purchase online with free shipping was the icing on the cake. Now to find something better for her to wear than that not-so fancy flowered dress.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!