Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cutie Keyshia x2

Fashion Madness Weekend Fun and Special Day Keyshia pose with the cardboard liner of their box.  In Vanna White style, they show off the graphics, which include two, too-cute silhouettes of the girls.

With all the recent talk about Fashion Madness TJ and then Dwayne, it is finally time for the two Keyshias to shine.  They are being allowed, after much insistence, to tell their own stories.

Hi!  My name is Special Day Keyshia!

Special Day KeyshiaWell, Debbie removed  me from my box first and immediately examined my knee joints after making note of the open-toe, slip-on black sandals that I wear with... socks.   

Debbie thinks my socks with sandals is a fashion faux pas.

Getting me completely out of the box was a snap.  There was just one elastic band holding me at the waist.  My feet were held in place with a white ribbon and so was my long wavy and rooted hair, but that ribbon was black. 

At first Debbie thought my outfit was a dress (giggle).  It's really two pieces:  a red blouse and houndstooth skirt.  Black lace trims the waist of my skirt.  Both close with Velcro in back.  My red tam matches my blouse.  It has a tiny white pom-pom on it.  

Debbie likes my clothes, but my makers did cut corners.  (They gave me flesh-tone molded-on panties.  It doesn't look like I am wearing any!)   I'll try to sit lady-like and not bend over too much in this skirt. 


 I wear white stud earrings that Debbie initially thought were molded on, but then she noticed the post of my right stud is sticking out.  It is angled in my earlobe in an upward direction and cannot be removed. It's not supposed to be like that.  Flaw #1 (Debbie thought). 

The stud is supposed to lay flat against my earlobe.  Someone must have fallen asleep on the job when my assembly was done or they just didn't care.
Then Debbie noticed a black mark along the side of my face.  My company's poor quality control made her shake her head in disbelief.  Then she thought:  Flaw #2.  

 
She took me outside to take this picture of the black mark on my face.  I enjoyed the sunlight but I am also unhappy about the mark.  Debbie thinks she might be able to remove it though.  Now I'm shaking my head!


Next, all my joints were examined.  Debbie was relieved that they all work well, but then she noticed some discoloration and imperfections in the vinyl on the lower part of my right inner arm.  It looks like I might have gotten too close to a  heating element or something.  It really does look like a surface burn.  What were those people thinking that made me?  Oh well, it's on the inside of my arm and it's not very noticeable.  She knew her camera probably wouldn't get a focused picture of it, so she didn't bother photographing my arm problem.

Finally, she posed me in several positions and smiled while doing it, so I think she likes me even with imperfections! 


***

Hi!  I am Weekend Fun Keyshia!

Weekend Fun Keyshia:  My twin sister always wants to be first at whatever we do.  I've learned to let her have her way.  Now that she has shared her first experience in our new home, I will share mine.

I was attached to my box the same way my sister was attached to hers, except a plastic fastener held one sleeve of my blouse to the box.   After Ms. Debbie cut that, she removed my feet and hair from underneath the ribbons that held them down and removed the rubber band from my waist to free me!  

"Wow... there are a lot of dolls here!"  That was the first thing I said.  I was a little afraid at first, but within a few minutes, I saw several faces smiling back at me.  Plus, the most important thing is that  my other family members are here!  So I am in love with this place!

More About Me:  My hair is styled in two side ponytails and it is very long.  It is as long as my sister's and rooted like hers, but my hair is straight, not wavy.   Ms. Debbie did have to trim away some long strands from one of my ponytails.  My sister and I both have brown painted eyes.  Ms. Debbie thought our eyes looked beady when she saw our online pictures.  I heard her say our eyes remind her of Lauryn Hill's.  I guess I can "see" the resemblance.  

People think I'm wearing two shirts, but it's really one.

My green, two-tone top is worn with blue denim jeans.  My black sandals are identical to my sister's.  Ms. Debbie thinks they work well with my casual clothes.   I wear a black and white check neck scarf and my stud earrings are silver.  They lay flat against my earlobes the way they should.

The only minor problem Ms. Debbie found about me is that my knee joints are looser than my sister's.  I can still stand alone, but Ms. Debbie had to be careful how she positioned me to keep me from falling.  


The Two Keyshias in Unison:  Debbie's overall opinion is that of all the Fashion Madness dolls, she likes us the best!  It's probably because of our height of only 9 inches and our proportional heads.  (We all agree that the other family members have huge heads!)  Except for our waist and wrists, we are fully articulated.  Some of our other family members do not have as many moveable joints.

***

The two girls are right.  I think they are adorable.  Even though they both have issues, the issues are tolerable.  Below, the girls are joined by some of the deboxed members of the Fashion Madness Kenya family.

Fashion Madness dolls, TJ, Kenya, Keyshia, Denise, Keyshia, and Dwayne

***
Thank you, twin Keyshias, for sharing your first experience here.  I couldn't have written it any better.  I am thankful you arrived to complete your family.  Since you probably did not recognize Denise, I plan to purchase another one soon.  Instead of giving the next one a lip enhancement, I will just darker her pale lip color.

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

27 comments:

  1. I like these girls a lot, especially their outfits. The quality control on these dolls is probably no worse that what one goes through with Mattel, but still, it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lack of quality is annoying, but I do like them, Muff.

      Were you able to recognized what was used as the background for these photos?

      dbg

      Delete
    2. LOL, I was able to recognize your background because I have that exact same colored yoga matt.

      Delete
    3. After seeing how you repurposed a yoga matt, I decided I needed to remove the wrapper from the one I purchased over two years ago and make use of it somehow. Thanks for the tip. It creates a beautiful background.

      I did note that indentions can be easily created when something heavy or sharp edged is placed on it. The doll stand holding Naila and Ari left an imprint, which might eventually release or may be gone already. I didn't reexamined it after I photographed Ari and Naila yesterday but I did notice the imprint while photographing them.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. This is a very cute review, Debbie! Sorry to see that your Special Day Keyshia seems to suffer from the same earring affliction that mine does. I will get another Keyshia one day (I want the Special Day Keyshia), and I hope that I'm able to get one with no quality issues on the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne. I am glad you enjoyed the two Keyshias' stories.

      I hope you are able to find a Special Day without any problems.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. They are cute. I'm glad the heads match the body's that's why I havent bought any of the others, I believe I will get one of these though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also purchased the pair from eBay using a $25 eBay bucks certificate. I used the Special Day Keyshia as a body donor for my Calista doll. The head was easy to remove once heated (unlike the Kenya head) and the knob is very similar to Calista's. I did reinforce the knob with some duck tape to eliminate a very slight wobble once Calista's head was placed on it. Overall, the body is similar in height to the original Calista body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing this information, Phyllis.
      dbg

      Delete
  5. They are sooo cute, DBG! Thanks for sharing the girls' interview/introduction with us. I love the twin doll concept. At least 1 Keyshia will be on my 2014 Doll list ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are cute D7ana! They remind me (size wise) of Skipper. We need more dolls this size... you know, little sisters to playscale dolls.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Very sweet introduction of the twins. I saw Keyshia in the green the other day at TRU. I passed on her, now I regret that I did. I am glad that they are articulated. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GG. I am surprised you left her there.

      I am loving the articulation and proportional heads.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. They are very cute girls, I haven't been to TRU yet but I will make my way. Especially with them being the perfect height.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Keyshia's are adorable. I'm so glad they found their way to the rest of the family. I almost bought one on ebay, until I realized the TRU ones were also articulated. I just may take a ride there today to see if they are in stock. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Vanessa. I hope TRU has Keyshia. You'll save purchasing from there.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. My Keyshia doll came today. She doesn't have socks or sandals. She is wearing black flats. Do you think that there are differences in individual dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, Ms. Leo. I would think that each version would be dressed the same. Which Keyshia did you get?

      dbg

      Delete
    2. I have Special Day Keyshia. She has the top, hat and skirt. I don't think the shoes would fit if she had on socks. Maybe with stockings.

      Delete
    3. It sounds like they are using shoes that are available. I can't even explain the missing earrings.

      Delete
  10. After complaints to TRU about the missing items on my Special Day doll, the sent me the Weekend Fun doll for free! She too had flats and not sandals with no earrings. But I now have two dolls for the price of one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful for TRU to send you Weekend Fun Keyshia. Did you purchase from TRU.com or from the TRU eBay listing?

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Ms. Leo. I believe TRU.com only had Weekend Keyshia when I was in the market for both versions. They were selling from their website as well as eBay. Or maybe it was that the seller from whom I purchased was offering free shipping and I wouldn't have had to pay tax that prompted me to buy from him. Plus he had an articulated TJ. Not sure, but so glad TRU came through for you.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!