Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Muscle-Bound Man's Surpise Gift


A few weeks ago, a surprising treat in the form of a tiny blue envelope from Paulette of Limbe Dolls was found in my PO box.  The accompanying handwritten note described the contents as a belated birthday gift.  How special I felt!

It was early June.  Even though my birthday is in mid-May, I was still celebrating and delighted to have someone favor me in such a manner. 

I found the perfect guy to wear the handmade pair of black ribbon-woven sandals with foam soles.  He had been wearing the green striped Ken Fashionistas tank that he still wears.  The tank, however, was the extent of his proper attire for the 92-degree weather we were experiencing the day the sandals arrived. 

Temperatures have soared above 100 here in Texas since then and I know my muscle-bound man is happy he was chosen to wear the sandals.  The khaki Ken shorts that replaced his thick denim pants were a welcome change the day the sandals arrived. 

Later that day, after the weather cooled, my guy and I went outside briefly where he first modeled his new sandals and then struck a muscle-flexing pose for his full-length photograph.  See below.

Black ribbon, basket weave sandals by Limbe Dolls, scaled for Power Team figures

My muscle-bound, Ultra Corp guy, flexes his deltoid, biceps, and triceps muscles as he cools off in summer clothes and new sandals.
Doll people are so very wonderful and Paulette is no exception to this fact.  Her generosity as well as her creativity are beyond measure.

Thank you again, Paulette, for your thoughtfulness and for sharing with me your creative works.

~~~~~~~~~~

If you have not already viewed the Limbe Dolls tutorials on how to make sandals and other items for your playscale guys and gals, here is a link to the Youtube channel.  Visit the Limbe Dolls Etsy store where Paulette sells some of her creative works from time to time, and follow her blog, as I do, for updates on "the serious business of doll play."  

~~~~~~~~~~

The title of this post is taken from the 1964 song, My Guy by Mary Wells.  "No muscle-bound man can take my hand from my guy... my guy... my guy.  No handsome face could ever take the place of my guy... my guy... my guy.  He may not be a movie star, but when it comes to being happy, we are.  There's not a man today, who can take me away from my guy. 

(A good fourth grade memory, imagining true love.)

Press the play arrow to see and hear the beautiful,  Mary Wells perform My Guy.



dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad your guy was able to find some relief from the heat in those sandals. Also enjoyed the Mary Wells video. I had heard the song of course but had never seen her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Wells was indeed a beautiful woman. Gabrielle Union reminds me of Mary Wells.

      Thanks again!

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Those sandals are nice!! Love the weaving. He wears them quite well and he is looking oh so fine. You know what he's saying? "Sure wish I was in Morristown." LOL! Just kidding. The men are taking over up here. I can surely attest that Paulette is the best. I've been blessed with a few of her wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The male population is growing here, too and the women are thrilled about it.

      Paulette is a wonderful person. I hope she knows it!

      dbg

      Delete
  3. It is always good thing to have someone remember your birthday. So, Happy Birthday even if I'm late too! Great sandals! My poor guy like this is still in uniform. I think his tougue is sticking out. I'll have to get a pair or two of these sandal and put him in something cool! I really like the weave! Congratz and limbe dolls, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Leo.

      Yes, please free and redress your guy.

      I'd like to find the other Lanard AA male with the slightly lighter complexion, loose, so I won't have to struggle over deboxing or not.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your handsome guy, DBG, and on those sandals.

    Paulette, my guys are now vying to access the computer so that they can see the new leather mandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana. He's been here a while, but wasn't appropriately dressed for the current weather until now.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Those sandals are gorgeous. Too bad they only come in 1:6. Ms. Limbe is truly talented.

    That is how my second husband is built. Oh, how many times have I been married? ONCE. HEHEHEHE

    AND

    HAPPY BELATED BIRFDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy -- you're a riot! Those muscles are to dream about.

      Thanks for the belated BD wish.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. That weaving is fantastic. Congrats on such a cool present.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really nice. He is wearing them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, mustiwait. I cannot begin to imagine the patience required to make them.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. Those sandals look very nice on your guy. Paulette is very talented. I have the lighter version of this guy. Mary Wells is beautiful and I never noticed her resemblance to Gabrielle Union before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me two years to see your comment, Roxanne! Thank you! I'd love to find the lighter counter part to my guy. I guess I should begin looking.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. I wish someone had had the courage back in the 60s to create a Mary Wells doll...she's Barbara Eden-pretty, and that's top-pretty indeed for 1960s standards. I wish, I wish. If Ideal could've made a doll as pretty as Tammy, they could've handled making a Mary Wells doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That much courage did not exist during the '60s Eklectic1. The most we could get back then was a Julia doll representing the role Diahann Carroll played on the TV series of the same name, and the doll was not sculpted to look like Ms. Carroll. Mattel used a Christie head sculpt instead.

      Yes, any number of doll manufacturers could have handled making a Mary Wells doll. Unfortunately, the desire was not there because like caters to like.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!