Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Head Love

After leaving a thrift store empty handed without a suitable articulated body there in sight, I returned home where I intermittently scanned the doll room for several days.  I needed a body for a Dollar Tree fashion/styling head like one of these.  Finally, I spotted Alexis in the corner, still dressed for winter, waving one hand frantically in the air with a pleading facial expression,  "Pick me!  Pick Me!"

LIV Alexis volunteering as a body donor

Alexis, hugging her new head, is pleased to be the chosen body donor.
Alexis immediately latched on to the new head long before I placed it on her body.  Eager for me to complete the swap, I felt her extreme gratitude after the styling head replaced her original, oversized cranium.

Here she is, looking relieved, in her original, Makin' Waves fashion, with the weight of her former big head off her shoulders.  At a cost of only $1, the fashion styling head has a pretty face.  The hair is not well rooted, so I left it styled in the original two side ponytails. 

There is a minor difference in the complexion with the new head being a shade darker than Makin' Waves Alexis's body, but "Alex" -- the transformed doll, does not mind.   

I did not realize the extent of LIV dolls' cephalomegaly until completing this head swap.  Those heads are enormous!  What was Spin Master thinking or why were they not? 

The last photo of Alex (looking quite youthful) was taken outside after a final redress in the tunic from a Liv'n Fab fashion (formerly worn by BB Model 8, aka Jean ShantΓ©, before she underwent a recent fashion and wig change). Alex's earrings and shoes are also by LIV.   


~~~~~~~~~~

(Most) LIV dolls and fashions are on sale this week at Target.  I picked up the following two  Liv for Hair fashions for $6.98 yesterday.  The Liv in Color dolls were on sale for $7.98, not a bad price to pay for their colorful fashions, but I left them there.


Liv for Hair fashions on sale at Target this week (06/24/12 through 06/30/12)

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

12 comments:

  1. Alexis is pretty. I love the new head swap. Cute Liv fashions! I have never seen the one with ruffles and boots. I picked up a couple of fashions on Sunday. The one with deep purple top and black leggins and the one with coral top and jeans. I wanted both, but was waiting on a better price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GG,

      Thanks for the compliment on Alex.

      Liv fashions are cute and well made. I would have preferred paying $3.98 for the two fashions, but they will probably sell out before another reduction is necessary.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I made the same head swap a few weeks ago and have been greatly enjoying the new doll. I like the Liv heads better on the Moxie Teenz bodies but even then they are a little bit too large to be in proportion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limbe Dolls,

      I look forward to seeing your head swap soon.

      I have several bodiless Alexis heads as a result of using their bodies for other heads. The most recent head now sits on the fashion styling head base. I thought about using one of the others on a Moxie Teenz, but I only have one and I like her face. I'll keep the heads stored and "based" until another use for them arises.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I'll start by saying I really like the swap. She is really cute in her old and new fashions. I will finish by saying I LOVE that Alexis doll as is. For some reason she just jumped out at me. I'm not a fan of big head dolls, but when big head dolls are with other big head dolls, I am finding I really enjoy them. I guess I'm changing in my old age, or I'm hanging around too many young people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa,

      Alex says, "Thanks!"

      Often change is good. Hanging around young people tends to keep you young at heart.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I like this doll with the new head, Debbie. She looks really cute in her new fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne. She's even found a love interest, although I am not sure he feels the same.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    I like the smaller head better. The all of the outfits are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the smaller head so much better, too.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I prefer the smaller heads too. I'm glad she is liking her new body too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Id really love to buy some of the liv doll heads

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!