April, author of Of Dolls, has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.
I am to answer April's questions, nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award, notify them of their nominations, and ask them the same set of questions or develop my own. I added the above image on my own. (A link to a website that explains the Liebster Blog Award is provided at the end of this post.)
My Questions From April
1. Which doll in your collection have you owned the longest? My childhood Barbies are the oldest dolls in my collection.
2. Do you have a specific style/type of doll that you enjoy collecting most? I collect vintage-to-modern black dolls. There is not one specific black-doll category that I enjoy the most, but the bulk of my current doll purchases are playscale dolls because of their smaller size and their ease of redressing, if that is desired. I collect for historical purposes as well as for my own personal enjoyment (doll play).
3. If you could have any doll ever made, cost not an option, what would it be? If cost were not an option, I would purchase a doll made by early nineteenth century doll maker, Leo Moss, who made dolls in the likeness of family and friends and on commission from members of his Macon, Georgia community. To own an authentic doll that the hands of Leo Moss created would be the ultimate doll for me.
4. What is your favorite doll or toy that you have ever had? As a child, I owned Thumbelina by Ideal. Based on my memory, she was my favorite childhood doll because she felt and looked like a real baby. Her mechanical "wiggle like a baby" movement provided just enough realism for me to imagine that I was actually caring for a real baby.
5. Your favorite TV show (doesn't have to be currently on)? Admittedly, I am a Gladiator. Weekly, I either watch Scandal live or a recording.
6. What are your hobbies, outside of dolls? I love to read and write.
7. Where would you love to visit for your next vacation? My home is my favorite retreat, but leaving it temporarily for a 24/7 spa-like atmosphere where I am totally pampered from head to toe would be wonderful.
8. Do you speak any languages besides English? No.
9. What is your favorite food? Mexican.
10. Who would you want to play you in a movie about you? Sanaa Lathan.
11. Who is your favorite author? Because of her wisdom, my favorite author is Maya Angelou.
My Nominees in Alphabetical Order Are:
1. A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures
3. Chynadoll Creations
5. Fashion Dolls at Van's Doll Treasures
6. Hey It's Muff
7. Little Bitty Damn Houze!
8. Male Doll World
9. Roxanne's Dolls
10. Sipping From the Source
11. Son of Ellis
Questions for My Nominees
1. What prompted you to begin blogging?
2. When do you usually write your blogs?
3. What inspires or otherwise motivates you to publish a blog?
4. What is your favorite pastime?
5. If your favorite pastime involves collecting dolls, answer this question and the next two (otherwise skip to question 8): What dolls do you collect?
6. How long have you been collecting and what prompted you to begin?
7. Are your dolls confined to one room or are they in more than one room in your home?
8. If questions 5-7 do not apply to you, but you are a former collector, why do you no longer collect?
9. What was the last movie you saw either in a theater or on DVD?
10. What was the last book you read?
11. If you could live anywhere other than your current location, where would it be?
For those interested, I found an explanation of the Liebster Blog Award and several variations of its rules here.
Thank you again, April, for nominating my blog. Thank you in advance to the nominees for participating.
Follow my Dolls for Sale blog
Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen