Monday, May 23, 2016

2016 Barbie for President and Vice President

2016 Barbie for President and Vice President, Internet-captured photo

I just found out about the You Can Be Anything Barbie for President varieties of two-doll sets (thanks Susan!).  Each set includes Barbie (for president) and her vice president running mate.  This is the first time Mattel has created a Barbie Vice President.

Dolls are currently available on Amazon.  I have no plans to add a set to my collection; but if I did, it would be the set shown above and below (the same dolls out of box).  Had Mattel used a different head sculpt for Barbie, I might have purchased without hesitation.  The overused Desiree/Nicky head sculpt does not interest me.  (But I guess I could always buy and redressed another Barbie as President... just a thought.)

2016 Barbie for President and Vice President, Internet-captured photo

Four different Barbie for President and Vice President sets are shown above.  The presidential candidate is in red, white, and blue; the vice president wears a sharp yellow top, black pants, and black heels.  Both are nicely dressed, but the vice president's fashion is more fashionable.

The end of the following YouTube video provides additional information about the sets.


Here is the buy link at Amazon . com (proceed at your own risk if you prefer undamaged boxes.)  At the time of this post, I could not locate buy links from other merchants.

Good luck, Barbie!

dbg
Check out my eBay listings here.

13 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this yet, so it's neat to see. I appreciate that they've released so many different versions of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any of these either. I remember the last versions of these they did had stiff legs and hips so they could stand up on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Muff. The 2012 version's shoes are not removable to provide support for standing without a stand. I tried to locate the one I purchased but could not find her. I believe I gave her to my niece for all the reasons you mentioned.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely idea but those dolls don't seem to have much articulation. I understand young children might not mind but surely any child old enough to understand the idea of presidential and vice-presidential candidates would prefer a more veratile doll body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond the usual five points of articulation, I don't think there is much more. Unfortunately, Mattel doesn't see it the way we prefer it.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I had not heard of this set. Nice, but I don't think I will add to my collection unless they discount it down to practically nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, please check out my etsy shop @ https://www.etsy.com/shop/AminifulLife I sell a barbie doll minis for those that are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The box is really cute. The outfits are quite fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice set of dolls and I'm glad they are offering a variety of choices in the dolls. I never added in "Presidential" candidates into my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the 2012 Barbie for President to my collection but I believe I gave it to my niece. I cannot locate it here. I really like the stylish-looking clothing of the dolls in these sets, especially the vice-presidential candidate's outfit.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!