Friday, April 21, 2017

New 'Do, New Clothes For Musician Barbie


To create a sleeker look, Musician Barbie's hair (which looked like this originally and like this after brushing it) was restyled into two-strand twists as shown above.

After wetting it, I started from the neck area and moved up by parting several horizontal sections and separating each into tiny twists until all hair was twisted. Before twisting each section, I applied Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel, which resulted in a very light hold and sheen; it does not make the hair stiff.

After hair twisting, Barbie's ears were pierced using white-tipped quilting pins. These were inserted into each lobe in an upward angle as shown below:
Inserting the pins at an upward angle, as illustrated, prevents possible piercing of the face or other unwanted area on the opposite side.

With ears pierced and new hairstyle, Barbie strikes a pose.

Next, we both wanted to see how she would look in some of the Sparkle Girlz fashions purchased last year and as recent as last week.

These were purchased last year. 

Musician Barbie looks these over to see which ones she likes best.

Purchased last week
Barbie and I discovered one of the most recent Sparkle Girlz fashions is a duplicate of one purchased last year. 
These were two that interested Barbie, but they are both cut too small for her frame.  The back Velcro closure does not meet.  These are probably better suited for a petite Barbie.


She tried on a one-shoulder multicolored dress, which has a handkerchief hemline.   The hem length is perfect from the front, but not from the back.  She would not be able to bend over without exposing herself.   The black closed-toe heels she wears came with the dress.

This is the same dress worn with a different shoe, a close-up of which is shown next:

This shoe is from a Barbie shoe accessory pack.
The same black Barbie shoe is worn with this two-piece Sparkle Girlz fashion.  The top has a geometric pattern while the faux suede skirt is fringed.

Exposing her belly button, Barbie now wears a brightly colored midriff top and denim short-shorts.  The orange heels are from the same Barbie accessory pack as the black shoes.

More short-shorts, these are trimmed with tiny orange pom-poms.  The lacy top is made of knit.  She elected to wear the same orange Barbie shoes she wore with the previous fashion.

The same fashion is worn with her own high-top sneakers.

Finally, just because the skirt is orange, Barbie wanted to try on an even older Sparkle Girlz fashion that has been here for more than a year.
Bright colors complement her complexion, but she looks great in everything she tried.  Which one do you think she likes the best?

dbg
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
Check out my eBay listings here.

23 comments:

  1. With hot weather around the corner, I think Barbie picked the orange skirt and shoes and the floral midriff baring top.
    But really, she looked good in everything. Her hair looks great with that new hairstyle (it's also longer than it seemed).
    Thanks for the fashion show :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some mixing and matching is in order, Maricha. The floral midriff top might look nice with the orange skirt. I'll have to try that.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. She's a real cutie. I liked the black and white motif and multicolored crop top outfits the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! Those are two of my favorites. The person who sewed the black skirt must have gone to sleep on the job. In the back, one of the yellow ribbons is stitched far below the other. That's one thing about Sparkle Girlz fashions, there are often some imperfections. Most are more subtle than this ribbon mishap.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I really like the midriff top and denim short shorts: Musician Barbie goes to Coachella! With her new hairdo, she looks good in all the outfits she modeled.You're the Queen of Doll Transformations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has one more day to attend Coachella, too, Gini! She is actually wearing the midriff top and the denim shorts. I really like her in it.

      Thank you for the Queen of Doll Transformations crown. Once the dolls arrive to us, we should feel free to make them our own, especially if we do not completely embrace the artist's/manufacturer's concept.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Love collecting haven't did the clothing thing yet us ally making my own for Barbie currently liking my curvy doll a lot..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if I could sew, I'd probably be doing the same thing, making designing and making clothes for my dolls.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. I like the outfit with the black fringed skirt the best. It's got a lot of parts that can move and make her look like she's dancing along with the music she makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black and white fashion does look like something a musician would wear and the fringe does give it "movement."
      :-)

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Onlyalisa. The original hair, original lipstick, original fashion weren't working very well for her. I had to make changes.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. She looks adorable with her new style, and in all of the outfits that she tried on! I need to make my way to Walmart for some new Sparkle Girlz fashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roxanne. Whenever we are at Walmart for whatever, I always check out the Sparkle Girlz fashions and stock up on styles that will suit my dolls. I am on that aisle while my husband is on the model cars aisle. Before we separate, I always tell him, "Come back to this aisle when you finish," because I know my browsing will usually take longer.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. I like the little fringe skirt with the black and white top. I also enjoy redressing my dolls in some of the new Sparkle Girlz fashions. Thanks for letting us see what she looks like with a nice lip color. I hope this play set shows up in Walmart soon. I like the non-pink piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fringe skirt and top is one of the fashions that fit her the best. I am going to have to readjust the misplacement of one of the yellow ribbons in the back from the near the bottom of the skirt to the waist area where it belongs.

      You're welcome, she was happy to show off her new lip color. :-)

      Except for the guitar being pink, I love the non-pink colors used for accessories.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. She looks great in all of the fashions. She seems to really like the midriff top and denim shorts by her pose. Lol! Which one is her favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does... and I do too, GG. That one is her/our favorite.
      :-)

      dbg

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the outfits! The top and denim shorts I like the best! I can't find any Sparkle Girls lately. I was wondering if Walmart will still be carrying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Walmart is still carrying SG fashions. I wonder why they're not being stocked in your area.

      The midriff top and denim shorts is her favorite outfit.

      dbg

      Delete
  12. I think she likes the brightly colored midriff top and denim short-shorts best. She seems to smile brightest wearing that outfit. I like the white top and orange skirt best though. She is not me though, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, D7Ana and I do too. When I put the midriff top and denim shorts on her, I was surprised how much I liked it. It's a keeper.

      Right... she's not you or me... 'cause even in my youth and body like hers, this is not something I would have ever worn. But we can live vicariously through our dolls at any age, right?

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!