Thursday, March 28, 2024

Little Debbie Barbie #2

The Barbie Special Edition Little Debbie Snacks doll was copyrighted in 2001.

As noted in my previous post, I purchased two different Little Debbie Barbies to redress as black dolls. This post features the second doll.

I purchased a $5.97 Barbie from Walmart to redress the 1st Little Debbie Barbie.  Because that doll uses the 1990s Asha face, I decided to use another Asha-faced doll to redress the 2nd doll. For this redress, I used a doll I already owned.

Found at Big Lots in 2009, Glam Barbie was selected for this doll. Glam Barbie (renamed Paulette) had worn a handmade double-twist wig that a fellow blogger made. Thankfully, I did not cut the doll's original hair. Instead, I braided and pinned it in place underneath the twisted wig.

Glam Barbie (Paulette), found at Big Lots in 2009, posed for a photo before redressing commenced. (She shared her original red boots with S.i.S. Chandra several years ago.)

Paulette models the Little Debbie Barbie fashion.

Barbie Special Edition Little Debbie's fashion includes a straw hat piped in chambray blue, a white knit sleeveless top, a chambray blue cardigan sweater, blue and white gingham Capris, and light blue loafers.

Accessories include a light blue hair brush, a doll stand, and a Little Debbie gift bag of mock Little Debbie Snacks—Honey Buns, Brownie Lights, and Oatmeal Creme Pies. 

Glam Barbie/Paulette is redressed and boxed as Barbie Special Edition Little Debbie.

Securing the redressed doll inside the Barbie Special Edition Little Debbie's box completed the recreation of my second black Little Debbie Barbie. 

Mission accomplished.

The real "Little Debbie" is now the executive vice president of McKee Foods, the company that makes Little Debbie Snack Cakes.


©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!



2 comments:

  1. Your posts are always interesting. This was a great idea, I was interested in how you pinned a lot of hair under that wig...any idea of posting some how to's? for that? Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi! Thanks for reading this post and commenting. I didn't do anything elaborate to avoid cutting the doll's original hair. I braided it on both sides with rubber bands placed on the ends and tucked the braids under before putting the wig on. The wig, fortunately, has a stretchable stocking cap underneath which helped it stretch over the braided and tucked hair. You can see what was done in this blog post from August 2012.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!