Wednesday, September 9, 2015

These Need New Homes, Too


I am offering the following dolls for sale here at the following prices. Shipping is extra based on the weight of the package and destination.  NRFB = Never removed from the box.  Paypal is the only payment method accepted.






David and Ruthie, Horsman 1975, an Irene Szor creation were America's 1st mass-produced, anatomically-correct dolls, which was controversial at the time.  The box has a warning to parents regarding the doll's anatomical parts.  They are 13-1/2-inch drink and wet babies with soft vinyl bodies.  They were featured and valued at $75 each in my first book, The Definitive Guide to Collecting Black Dolls.  Your price:  $100 for the pair.
***






NRFB Black Gerber Baby, 1979, Atlanta Novelty, 17 inches, has flirty eyes that still flirt (move and lock into position to the left and right when doll's head moves), wears yellow and white gingham outfit with white removable eyelet-trimmed apron and bib. $50
***


Baby Thumbelina by Ideal, 1982, 7-inches, all vinyl, NRFB with cloth bed, wears a diaper. $20
***

All remaining Barbie Dolls of the World described here and seen again below are for sale for $30 each or best offer.



***


The following dolls are






Magic Hair Crissy by Ideal, 1977, 18 inches tall, mint in distressed box, wears original fashion and white mules. Doll comes with extra hair pieces to attach to hair.   SOLD.

***


Wake-up Thumbelina by Ideal, 1976, MINT, never played with, 18-inch battery-operated mechanical doll with vinyl head, body, hands, cloth legs; black rooted hair, painted eyes.  When back is pressed, doll is designed to push herself up, roll over, turn head from side to side and raise her arms.  Requires 2 D cell batteries.  Works.  Beautiful box graphics.  Has black mark on lower lip that probably can be removed with alcohol.  The lip color is still visible underneath.   (The buyer wrote the following feedback:  The doll is perfect!!! My favorite childhood doll. Thanks for bringing her back into my life :-) SOLD

***



Kenya by Uneeda, 2003.  All vinyl has the darkest of the three available complexions, dark brown rooted hair for styling, comes with styling lotion and beads, NRFB.  This doll was the 2nd version Kenya and of much better quality than the Kenya dolls made by Kenya LLC (makes of the Fashion Madness Kenya fashion dolls).  (This doll is featured in my 2nd book.)   SOLD.
***



Bunnyland Cabbage Patch Doll, Michael, 10 inches tall, born at Babyland General, March 31st, wears blue sheepskin-type bunny suit with fluffy tail that squeaks.  Made by Hasbro 1990 (featured in my 2nd book). SOLD.

***



New York Doll Collection City Girls Harper, NRFB with original shipping box. SOLD.

***


My Life as Gymnast, 18-inch doll with prosthetic leg dressed in gymnast costume. SOLD.

***
The Wanna-Be dolls are career-inspiring playthings created by the corporation of the same name with the copyright year of 1986. They are 17 inches tall with vinyl heads, cloth bodies, vinyl arms and legs. They have brown sleep eyes and rooted hair. Created to introduce and inspire children about different career choices, Wanna-Be dolls are dressed as the professions they represent.  All are SOLD.

Wanna-Be Doctor
SOLD
Wanna-Be Executive SOLD

Wanna-Be Football Player SOLD

Wanna-Be Pilot SOLD


***

18-inch Thumbelina (a nonmechanical version) SOLD.

***



Madison Mandela by the Great American Doll Company has found a new home. SOLD.

Email me if interested.  Any doll or combined purchases over $100 can be purchased on flexible layaway.  Shipping will not occur until all layaway payments are made.

dbg

20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm super in love with Magic Hair Chrissy...let me ponder a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to want the Magic Hair Chrissy ;-)

    Good luck with your sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I used to want the Magic Hair Chrissy" too, D7ana. :-) I actually have another one that was purchased redressed without hair pieces that I plan to keep. When the boxed doll was purchased, I was into "I need to complete my black Chrissy family collection" mode.

      Thanks for the good, luck wishes! This is just a tip of the iceberg of dolls that need new homes.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Best wishes... Looking for the brown Go Go Brigitte if ever you are interested in letting her go.. email me.
    Cricketkingdom@gmail.com and many thanks.. I hope all is well with you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I see another one, I will certainly let you know. Mine is a keeper.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I thank you so much... I understand.. I just didn't want to miss if it were to be going on the market.. thank you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ,Wonderful I learned alot and remembered
    Thumbelina! I have a Shindana doll I want to learn more about.
    Any contacts in L.A. I could talk to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me about your Shindana doll through the email link in this blog post or through the contact form on the left side panel of the blog home page.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Like you I did get rid of some dolls, not many though... Still have blk Brigitte on my mind.
    I hope you are successful.. I just gave loads of brand new Barbies , the lunch box, the keychains. and many NIB Barbie dolls away... Shindana, Zuri and all.. so many dolls here. A tiny tears even.. Trying to make room to play..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful that you have been successful in finding new homes for your dolls. Trying to make room to play will eventually become every diehard doll collector's dilemma.

      My Black Brigitte is a keeper. I hope you are successful in finding one.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Yes,,, it is a good feeling.. I still have to rid self of many more... Just have been busy of late to go through all the containers and try to eliminate a few large ones. Getting old and don't need all this in my way.. Best wishes are you selling some of yours.. I never sell, just get rid of. ha.. easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I'd like to sell those that I desire to sell.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me about the Mollie Lewis Doll? I found one today

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you by any chance have brown Vogue Ginny and or Ginnette made in the 50-60’s?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I do not have brown Vogue Ginny or Ginnette from the 50s for sale.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!