Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dolls Featured on Recent Episodes of Iyanla Fix My Life


If you have watched this season of Iyanla Fix My Life (IFML), which airs on Saturday evenings on OWN (the Oprah Winfrey Network), you have probably seen the 34 dolls used to represent a man's 34 children fathered by 17 different women (shown in the above Youtube video.)

Someone asked if I knew the source of the dolls.  I knew they were dolls made in Spain and thought of a United Kingdom doll source I have used in the past that carries similar dolls, Nubidollz.com.   Then I recalled the various multicultural dolls offered through the Patty Cake Doll Company and there they were complete with a proud acknowledgement by the company that they supplied the dolls to OWN.

So if you too wondered about the source of the 34 dolls with ethnically correct facial features seen on IFML, wonder no more. 

Four of  the dolls can be seen at the following links:

James
Jazlyn
Little Sanjay
Little Shanti

To view all categories of dolls offered by The Patty Cake Doll Company, visit their home page.


dbg

12 comments:

  1. I appreciate you helping to identify them.. ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Onlyalisa. Thanks for having an inquiring mind.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Debbie...
    I've been watching each episode of the show, and am glad to know where the babies Iyanla uses are from. I just hate to see them tossed around and dropped (occasionally by 'the Dad'). Thank you. You are a wealth of information,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Cynthia! I knew there had to be others who were interested in knowing the source of the dolls. I am glad brown babies with ethnically correct features were chosen from a company who specializes in offering multicultural dolls.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I thought about you when I saw those dolls! Actually I am through with this "story" and will be GLAD when it is over!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Lee, I thought this most recent Iyanla "fix" concluded last weekend.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I saw the episodes and was wondering. Lol! Thanks so much for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 34 children with 17 women?! Great day in the mornin'.

    Anyway, you are an awesome super sleuth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know Muff... quite a sad situation, especially for the children these dolls represented.

      Thanks for the compliment (super sleuth).

      dbg

      Delete
  6. One final episode this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay... thanks Lee. I would have "discovered" it by default since I have all new IFML shows scheduled to record and/or if I am awake at the time the shows air, I watch them live to see who is being "fixed."

      :-)

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!