Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Janay's New Fashions, a Mini Photo Shoot

There is so much mixing and matching that can be done with the tunics and leggings I ordered for Color Infusion Janay from Shasha of atelierniShasha.

The items purchased were revealed in a previous post, seen here.  Janay has tried on the textured black leggings, which fit her like second skin.  She wore the red paisley tank with these for about a week before trying on additional tanks, with and without the black leggings, this past weekend.  Her photo shoot follows:

Red paisley tunic is paired with black textured leggings and Janay's black high heels.
A yellow tunic is worn with black textured leggings and Janay's black boots.  I made a "temporary" black belt for her waist.
The tunic is actually long enough to wear as a mini dress as shown above.  It looks great with the boots which have a strip of faux leather in front center with black mesh sides.  The books conveniently have a back zipper.
Black and white striped tunic is worn as a mini dress with black knee-high boots.
Black textured leggings look great with the black and white striped tunic.  Janay wears her black heels and has added a faux diamond encrusted, bow-shaped choker.
In this final photo, Janay wears her black felt hat as she waits patiently on my desk for her next photo shoot.  She is accompanied by Darla Daley who has been waiting patiently on my desk for over a year to be joined with two of her sisters who arrived after her.  Darla just happens to be wearing another Shasha fashion that I won in a contest by Shasha in February 2013.

Janay has many more fashion options with other leggings and tanks that have yet to be tried on.  Let's not forget her slip dress in beach colors or the black and white tribal chevron dress, which should arrive soon. 

***


 
As mentioned in the previous post about Janay's new clothes, Halle attempted to get my attention with the hand gesture illustrated above.  I incorrectly assumed she wanted to borrow some of Janay's new clothes, which still might be true, but I discovered yesterday that her earrings had fallen out.  One was on the shelf below her chair.  The other had fallen into a box of doll items purchased for my niece that was on the floor in front of the shelf where Halle is displayed. 


Now that both earrings have been found and replaced in her ears, Ms. Halle is content and so am I.  (Yeah, the shelf below Halle is mostly used for storage; ignore it.)


dbg

20 comments:

  1. Janay looks so beautiful in her clothes! Her new fashions are really gorgeous. Shasha is very talented. I love all of these photos.

    I'm glad that Halle's plight has been resolved. It was impossible for me to ignore the shelf below her after you told me to. :) I see someone I recognize down there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I knew Janay's long shapely legs would look great in the leggings and tunics. I had a little bit of difficulty getting the leggings over her hips, however. Thank goodness for the stretch of the fabric.

      Was it the SWAT guy that you recognized, Roxanne? He had been on the shelf with Halle protecting the entire gang of dolls that are squeezed on that shelf, but he fell to the floor once I moved Halle's chair to look for her earrings. I placed him on the shelf below while I was securing her earrings with a clear rubber band (the previous one had broken, which is why the earrings fell out). The ends of the rubber bands are looped around the earring posts before the posts are inserted in her ears. The excess band is in back of her head tucked below her hair. This creates enough tension on each earring to hold the posts in her ears and works until the rubber band loses its elasticity, which happens often with the clear rubber bands.

      I decided to leave SWAT guy on the lower shelf so his gun won't be pointed so directly at my back when I am seated at my personal desk. :-) He is one of two deboxed action figures who are allowed to bear weapons here. The other is a GI Joe who is positioned near POTUS and FLOTUS in another area of the doll room.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's the SWAT guy that I recognized. I don't blame you for not wanting his gun pointed at your back. :) I have also confiscated all weapons here except for Blade's sword. Nobody messes with Blade. You have a good idea, though, about having armed guards for the POTUS and FLOTUS. I may have to let a couple of my guys carry concealed weapons for that purpose (protecting the President and presidential hopefuls).

      I'm glad that you were able to find Halle's earrings. It bothers me so much when I lose my doll stuff. I lost Blade's shades a couple of weeks ago due to the same issue - the clear rubber band securing them to his head finally gave out. I spent a lot of time retracing my steps and crawling around on the floor. A couple of days later, my husband found them and Blade now has a fresh rubber band which should last him a few years. Meanwhile, I have lost MLK's tie clip. :`(

      Delete
    3. It bothers me too when I lose things and I am not satisfied until I find them. I am glad your husband found Blade's shades. I sure hope you find MLK's tie clip soon. Now I really would be upset over losing that.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Talk about va va va voom! Those clothes make her look smoking hot. I'm not a fan of paisley but surprisingly the red dress is actually my favorite. It looks so graphic in a small scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red tunic is the first one Janay tried on, Muff. I love the vibrant colors. She also looks great in red, but I don't think there is a color that Janay would not look good wearing.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Hi Debbie, wow, fabulous outfits! They all are great and versatile. I'm glad Halle is happy again :-). I also ordered the tribal dress, it should arrive in two weeks, can't wait! I will put it on my blog too, I'm in love with that dress :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Night Owl. I look forward to seeing the chevron tribal dress on one of your lucky ladies.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous outfits! That striped tunic/mini-dress looks especially fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jSarie. My favorite of the pieces she has tried on thus far is the red paisley with the striped tunic running a very close second.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Your Janay looks great in those Shasha fashions. Congratulations on the winning combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana! "Winning combinations" is an excellent description for these pieces.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Janay looks gorgeous! The red paisley tunic is my favorite (very into pattern lately) but she's splendidly chic in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smaller Places! I'm loving that red paisley, too. I almost had Shasha's 2013 anniversary dress made in red paisley.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. I loved Janay's fashion show. Shasha's outfits are wonderful on her, and the boots are definitely speaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots are nice, Vanessa. I was pleasantly pleased to realize how much I like them on her. I think the mesh is a nice touch, especially when worn over bare legs.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it MDW. There's another one or two coming up soon.

      dbg

      Delete
  9. Love both the fashion show and the SWAT protection. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Roville! Glad you enjoyed this post.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!