Friday, July 7, 2017

Tooka's Articulated Body x2

This Integrity Toys' A-Tone body was last used for 2015 Dynamite Girls Tooka.

In a post about her New Fashionistas, Phyllis, of A Day in the Life of My Dolls, shared that her rebodied Fashionista #59, Tropi-Cutie, uses an Integrity Toys (IT) Dynamite Girls body.  I scooted on over to IT's website and ordered two A-Tone bodies for $15 each.  According to IT's website, the A-Tone body was last used for 2015 Tooka (the photo at the previous link does not illustrate Tooka's true skin tone).


This body is of superior quality.

IT's bodies are of superior quality with heavy-weighted vinyl. This particular body is articulated under the breasts, at the elbows, wrists, and knees.  The ankles are not articulated.

For the purpose of skin tone comparison, I selected several dolls to photograph with these bodies. When compared to the dolls' original bodies, this body is not a perfect match for any of my non-IT dolls.  When compared to their faces,  however, the color differences are not as marked.  If desired, I could use this body for two of the now stationary ladies, as illustrated below.

Barbie Basics Model 10 shares that her skin tone does not match the A-Tone body.

So in Style Grace with nonarticulated body modeled with the bodies next.  Her facial complexion is also not a perfect match for this body.

Fab Fringe (Tall Fashionista) is about the same complexion as So In Style Grace and would not be a good head donor for this body.
So in Style Kara's facial complexion is a close match to the IT body.
As Phyllis has done, Pam (Tropi-Cutie, Fashionista #59) could use this body.  The tone of her face and the body are a closer match than any of the others.  

This close-up of Pam's face confirms that one of these bodies could be used to give her more movement.
I have no immediate plans to rebody any of the dolls shown, but it is good to know that if I desire to do so, I have these bodies on hand.  

Here is the link to the Integrity Toys doll bodies currently available.
Read Phyllis' post here.

dbg
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
Check out my eBay listings here.

15 comments:

  1. I will say it again, I do wish that Mattel would release MTM bodies that match more dolls of colour beyond the only one we have. Good to know that there are alternate options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is getting harder to find good skintone matches with the new Fashionistas as they are bringing out new skintones too, but not giving us articulated bodies in those new tones. Debbie, I also thought that this AA body was a pretty good match for Zig Zag. I have 2 of her and put one of them on this body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phyllis. Mattel is giving us a variety of dolls in different body types on nonarticulated bodies. They really should offer just articulated bodies and allow us to easily mix and match heads. I don't understand why no one at Mattel has thought of that.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. You would think that they would! It would be quite a windfall for them, don't you think? I know I would buy them!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for showing this comparison. Someone in one of my doll groups has #59 on an FR black body. I wanted the A Tone body, but I cannot find any dolls close to Tooka's (I have her) complexion. Which is disappointing. I had also hoped the Dark A Tone body would be dark enough for SIS Chandra, but alas, it is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the Dark A Tone Body isn't dark enough for Chandra. I don't think anyone has made articulated bodies with Chandra's complexion. IT is selling tan bodies and lighter complexions, but most of the others are around $35 each.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the news about the Tooka body and how that compares with Mattel dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, D7ana. I know how much many of us desire articulated bodies and thought the information would be useful for others.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this very useful post! I had one of those extra DG bodies, but I sold it after failing to find a matching head. Now, of course, I have a head but no longer have the body. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jewell.

      Isn't that the way it works -- one or the other parts will show up later after we've sold something.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Nice post! Thank you for the comparisons. I bought the Tooka A-tone body specifically for Boho Fringe, the tall fashionista with extra clothes. It matches her perfectly. I love the Desiree face on that particular doll. She came alive once I cut her hair to shoulder length. Her curls were just so tangled and flat and awful. I just can't help myself; I love to cut their hair! My second A-tone body belongs to #59 (Yasmine) and she is very happy with it. She has challenged Boho to a game of h.o.r.s.e now that she is taller and can move (and because I found a cute little basketball just their size in a thrift shop). I just need to make a good hoop for them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bailey, thanks for letting me know the Tooka body works well for Boho Fashionista. I don't own that one, but it's good to know she can be upgraded with the IT body.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing all your complexion comparison pictures. :-)
    I agree that having more articulated bodies would be awesome. I just don't like static bodies anymore at all for fashion dolls and would happily rebody my favorite ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Maricha! Maybe one day Mattel will catch up and provide collectors with one of their top desires - articulation.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!