Monday, December 14, 2020

Fashionista 146 and This Guy

Barbie Fashionista 146 has a prosthetic leg.


While shopping for Christmas ornaments online at Target.com and needing an order that totaled at least $35 to qualify for free shipping (that free shipping minimum gets me every time and they know it), I added this girl to my cart. I had considered buying this doll before and did not want to have any regrets for not adding it to my collection. So now she is here.

Facial close-up illustrates her beautiful, deep complexion.

I recorded her description in my Excel doll inventory workbook as follows:


The doll's left leg is a gold-colored prosthesis.

The price of $7.99 is recorded underneath the price column and a picture of the doll is in the final column of the Excel workbook entry. 

Fashionistas 91, 135, and 146 represent the conditions of albinism and vitiligo, and a prosthetically replaced amputated or otherwise lost lower left extremity.

For now, Fashionista 146 will remain in the box and will be on box display with the boxed vitiligo and albino Barbies that I purchased when those dolls were released. 

Fashionista 133 was purchased in October 2019.

After taking the photograph of the above three dolls, I remembered Fashionista 133, which represents a wheelchair user. That doll was seen here for the first time with Fashionista 130 (cornrow Ken #2) and several other dolls that were seen on the shelves of Walmart in October 2019. Since this pandemic we all face, I have not had an opportunity to browse in-person the toy aisles of any stores, but I was told that all the dolls shown here were marked down at Walmart recently for $4.99.

__________


Fiber Craft Ken Clone Steve


I found this 11-1/4-inch Fibre Craft Plastic Steve Doll on eBay still in the original package. I added him to my collection because I collect clones of Black Barbie and Ken. He has terribly painted facial features with sculpted straight hair that has a side part on his left. The waist is articulated. The back is marked:

MADE IN
HONG KONG

Close-up of Steve


As the package label indicates, he is made of plastic (which is very thin) and would probably not survive child's play. He appears to be from 1987 based on the stock or number code, H87, which is to the left of the price tag on the package label. The original price was $1.29. This doll, like other Fibre Craft products, was probably sold in craft sections of department stores like Woolworth's or Ben Franklin's or in craft stores like Michaels. 

The doll historian in me will keep him mint in the package. If I wasn't such a purist, I'd redress him in a Ken fashion, like I did the guy he is posed with in the next two pictures. Because I am a purist,  when I find vintage dolls mint in the package, I usually keep them there.

Steve and another Black Ken Clone

Close-up of the two

I was informed that the guy on the right is the AA male in the 3-figure set by Jakks Pacific, originally dressed as a scuba diver in their 1999 Camp Set. He is made of sturdy rigid plastic and vinyl with click-bend knees, definitely a better quality doll than Steve.

Related Link

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!