Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Oh My Wow! Barbie Extra Doll #1

Barbie Extra Doll #1


I wasn't going to order this doll initially. (Yeah, yeah, yeah... tell that to someone who will believe you, Debbie). But really, I wasn't because this head sculpt has been used so much by Mattel. But as time passed and I kept seeing Facebook posts about the doll, she crept into my dolls to consider thoughts. "She's articulated. I like her hair. The clothes are fabulous, at least the coat is, so maybe I should buy her."

So when the buzz about Amazon having the doll on preorder surfaced, I bit the bullet and preordered. Amazon's dolls would not ship out until January. I was okay with that, but then another collector shared that she canceled her Amazon preorder and ordered from Target online's available stock where shipping was free with the use of their Red card. So I followed her lead by canceling the Amazon preorder and ordered from Target with my Red card.

The doll arrived within a few days and she is better than expected.

In-box close-up

Barbie Extra Doll 1's hair is styled in two Afro puffs with two side braids. She wears twisted gold hoop earrings, a red two-piece knit top and shorts with black banded trim on both the top and the shorts. The word "Love" is printed on the trim. White striped sports socks, silver high-heel anklets, a cloud-shaped white handbag, dark sunglasses that have "Shine" above one lens and "Bright" above the other, a gold necklace, a ring, and a fabulous faux fur rainbow coat complete her "extra" look. Also included is a plastic tan French poodle that has its own star-shaped yellow glasses, a bag, and pink bows. 

The doll and accessories are illustrated on the back of the box.

The doll has extra articulation at the elbows and knees. I am not sure about the ankles and wrists since my doll is still in the box for now, but I am thinking those are articulated, too.

Because of her colorful clothing, this doll gives off United Colors of Benetton Barbie vibes.

United Colors of Benetton Barbie from 1990 and 2005



I've placed the doll under the Christmas tree unwrapped as a visible gift from myself.

Watch a cute video of the Extra dolls below:



dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!