Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Zuri and Kadi by Marula

Zuri and Kadi by Marula Dolls

Meet 18-inch all-vinyl, lightly vanilla-scented Zuri and Kadi by Marula Dolls. These all-vinyl dolls made in Spain arrived in a high-quality green box with the company's name, MARULA, on the front. The vinyl is very sturdy, similar to vinyl artist dolls.

The dolls arrived in individual green heavyweight cardboard boxes inside another slide-out box.


Zuri has a light caramel complexion while Kadi's complexion is slightly deeper.

Zuri and Kadi have brown inset eyes with applied upper eyelashes. Zuri has black curly hair with a side-swept bang. Kadi has brown natural-textured, 4C hair with a side part. 

Zuri and Kadi are seen in an out-of-the-box full-length photo.

These moderately priced dolls ($59.99 each at the time of my purchase) are reduced to $47.99 for Amazon Prime Day--the buy links are below. They wear a nicely sewn blue peasant-style crop top with an elasticized waist and a two-tiered matching skirt, white panties, and white lace-up canvas sneakers.

The dolls' hang tag text describes the company's product strategy:

At Marula, we believe that every child is a precious gift, just like the superfruit of the Marula tree. Full of unlimited potential and natural beauty, every child deserves to be celebrated and empowered to become their best selves. 

That's why we've crafted our dolls thoughtfully, ensuring that they honor and reflect the wide range of skin tones, hair textures, and cultural backgrounds that make each child unique. Our dolls are more than just toys, they are companions that help children build positive self-image, empathy, and confidence. Playing with our dolls, your child can learn to appreciate and love themselves for who they are, dream big, and reach for the stars.

Zuri and Kadi arrived in April 2024 and remained in their huge shipping box until the second week of July. Why did I leave them in the unopened shipping box so long? I had planned to part with one of the dolls, and I had to find a place in the doll room to display the other. Later, I decided to keep both, which is when their boxes were finally opened. 

Because of their high quality, an installation in DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum is planned, but I wanted to share them here first. A third doll, Eden, with a lighter complexion is also available. 

Follow the links to the Amazon buy pages:

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, they are all so cute! I don't know how you were able to leave the third doll on Amazon. lol Seems that our overseas dolls are just better made. I love the Paola dolls, but I can't take the scent. I do want to know why everyone leaves socks off. You don't wear sneakers without socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lack of room, Michelle, is the reason I would leave any doll behind. I can't say "yes" to all of 'em. :-) I'm already bordering on being the little old lady in the shoe who had so many dolls she misplaces them (true).

      Dolls made overseas (except China) are of superior quality than what we usually can buy from American doll makers, most of whom are using China and other Asian factories to manufacture their dolls. This practice has also negatively impacted American workers and resulted in poor doll quality. This doll's price is unbelievably low compared to dolls produced (but made in China) by American companies. It's almost shameful. In fact, it is shameful. I could easily stop collecting if I decided to only buy dolls made in America because there are none. I'm not sure why Spain uses vanilla scented vinyl. I could do without it. Thankfully, the scent is not overbearing and eventually fades.

      I think we are probably old school regarding no socks and sneakers. More and more, I see young people wearing them without socks. I never could and of course dress shoes for my dolls without socks is an absolute no-no. Some habits are hard to change, but for me, many do not need changing.

      Delete
    2. LOL, I figured it was lack of room. And yes, dress shoes HAVE to HAVE socks or tights. Sneakers should not be worn without socks because it usually causes blisters and makes your feet sweat more. At least that's why I wore socks.

      Delete
    3. That's why I wear socks with sneakers, too. My sweaty feet don't need any extra incentive to sweat.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!