Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Redhead Fashion Dolls

Two new redheads

I ordered two more redheaded fashion dolls in August because (doll collectors are always drumming up a reason to buy a doll), I thought they would display well together with another doll that arrived recently. 

The Demi Celia doll


The first doll is by Demi Celia. 

Spreadsheet Description: 11-1/2-inch multiarticulated fashion doll has long, straight, red-rooted nylon hair with a middle part; brown-painted eyes, a faint sprinkling of freckles, dark red lip color on a closed mouth; sold nude, two extra sets of hands were included, an extra set of feet, and a personalized (Demi Celia) translucent doll stand.

Demi Celia's personalized translucent doll stand, extra hands and feet are illustrated.

Demi Celia and a Barbie You Create kit doll that uses the Mermaid sculpt are in a side-by-side headshot.

This doll's sculpt is very similar to the Barbie Mermaid sculpt, but Demi Celia's face is more elongated.

I dressed Demi Celia in a tan knit, spaghetti-strap dress that she initially tried on with two different pairs of shoes.

I created the monochromatic look by pairing the tan dress with champagne-colored shoes.

Next, she tried on a white pair of high heels.

Because she would be twinning with the recently acquired redhead that wears black, I dressed Demi Celia in a black dress, too. 

Demi Celia poses with the doll that inspired her purchase, Studio XOXO! Basix Midnight Fire Fanah, and Demi changed shoes.

Demi and Fanah's hair color matches perfectly. In the above photo, they both accessorize with MiniBrands shoes and handbags.

An unbranded redhead fashion doll with bright-red hair was the 2nd purchase.

The second doll is an unbranded redhead that, except for hair color, is identical to the two "Connie Carter" dolls that arrived in June of this year. Several hair colors were available when I purchased the previous two dolls, but at the time, I didn't think I needed a redheaded version. Doll needs or wants do change. 

This doll is also an 11-1/2-inch, multiarticulated fashion doll with red rooted nylon hair, brown-painted eyes, and a closed mouth with dark red lip color.  Unfortunately, her vivid red hair clashes when she is posed with Demi Celia and Fanah.

Connie Carter #3

Except for its gray color, Connie Carter #3 was dressed in an identical gray knit spaghetti-strap dress and gray high-heeled shoes. 

The three redheads posed together.

Three dolls with darker red hair (Fab Fringe Fashionista Barbie, Barbie Basics Model 03, and Barbie Looks Model #7) had their picture updated. 

I redressed Fab Fringe Barbie and Barbie Basics Model 03, accessorized them with MinBrands Fashion pieces, and posed them with Tamika, Barbie Looks Model #7.

The darker redheads with variations of burgundy hair color are seen in a close-up.

The six sensational dolls posed for a final photo.

While my ultimate goal of displaying together a trio of recently acquired dolls with the same hair color was not achieved, I enjoyed the time spent choosing clothing, shoes, and accessories, which always harkens back to my childhood time playing with Barbies. 
__________

All photos and text are copyrighted and may not be used elsewhere unless permission is granted by the author.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published. To contact me directly, use the About page link, which is also visible in Web View mode; find and use the email link.

Visit and follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum for over 1000 curated installations of antique, vintage, modern, and one-of-a-kind Black dolls. 

Contact the curator from the contact page of the VBDM to have your profile as a Black-doll collector or artist featured on the museum website.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!