Friday, April 8, 2011

Giving Ken Some Play


Barbie Basics accessory pack, Look No. 04, Collection 002 for Ken is shown above.  Included are gray ankle boots, low-top black "Chucks," white with black striped Adidas-type sneakers, black loafers; a black shirt, black socks, black belt, blue and red cloth belt, gray knit cap, sunglasses, wrist watch, tablet, and magazine.  Ken's multiple looks using items from this accessory pack are illustrated below:








I enjoyed mixing and matching the accessories on Denim Ken and discovered his muscular arms and six-pack in the process.  He looks good, with or without the extras, but the gray hat and boots are my favorites.

dbg

Sample/buy The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen, the first eBook featuring dolls that blog!

8 comments:

  1. This set is on my list to buy. I like the last picture the best. The belt and the watch really stand out there. Can't believe you are just finding that nice bod he has underneath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa,

    Even though I deboxed him shortly after he arrived a couple of months ago, I didn't bother to examine his perfect body until I removed his original black T-shirt last weekend. Nice job, Mattel. I love his eyes. I love almost everything about him. The ModelMuse body is his only flaw.

    The last picture is my favorite, too, but the hat and gray boots are my favorite accessories. I purchased the accessory pack just for the hat... imagine that. (And also to take advantage of my Barbie Fan Club reward for the first quarter of this year. I ordered the accessory pack and another Denim Ken using the $20 reward!)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these photos. He looks great in all the extra pieces. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, D7ana. Just got back from Target. The Basics dolls and accessory packs are on sale, dolls $17 and some change; accessory packs $12 and some change. They didn't have this one for Ken, however.

    The camel accessory pack for Barbie was tempting, but I left it there. Shouldn't have.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left it there. For $12, what were you thinking? Now I think I have to make a trip to Target. Chances are they aren't on sale at my Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I know, Vanessa. Silly me. The sale probably ends today, too. And they only had one.



    BTW check your gmail email.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you Debbie, I am exhausted. I left for Target right after my last message. Target 1 didn't have any. Target 2 had the one with the Black Jacket. I got that one. I hit 2 more Targets and a Walmart looking for the male pack. No luck. Can you say, obsessive?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obsessive!

    I'm glad you were able to find at least one to make your trips worthwhile.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!