Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black Cloth Doll Presence at 2012 UFDC Convention

The 2012 UFDC Convention (A Jambalaya Jubilee) will be held July 23 - 26, in New Orleans, LA and will include a special black cloth doll exhibit. 

A Stitch in Time - Folk Art Black Cloth Dolls – 1800s to Present
Joyce Stamps curates this special exhibit of folk art black cloth dolls, assisted by members of the Black Gold Doll Club of New England. These dolls have been loved and survived over the years. Some of these rare cloth dolls also had another purpose other than playthings. The early dolls reflect the times in which they were made. Members from other doll clubs in Region 15, Region 11, and Region 8 will be lending dolls for this historically very important and moving exhibit.

About Joyce Stamps (click image to enlarge):



More About the Convention:
The UFDC National Convention is for members and guests only; you must be registered to attend.  However, the UFDC National Sales Room will be open to the public on Thursday, July 26, 2012, from Noon to 7:00 PM for a nominal fee.

Convention Hotel
Sheraton New Orleans
500 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 525-2500
(800) 325-3535


I extend my best wishes for a well-received exhibition.


dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information about this event. The registration fee is more than I can afford but I have friends in New Orleans who may be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Your friends may be interested in browsing the sales room, which will be open to the general public from noon to 7 p.m., Thursday, July 26, 2012.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information. I passed a link here to a doll artist who was at the Philly Doll Show this past May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, D7ana! It's a small world. I just visited Campbell's blog last week. Thank you for linking her to mine. Thank you!

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Hi! I wish I could make it to New Orleans but this is right after the New York show on July 21 that I think I am going to. I'm glad Dana gave me your blog info!

      Delete
    3. Hi Ms. Campbell. I hope you are able to make the NY show and that your doll sales are successful there.

      The UFDC (United Federation of Doll Clubs) has an annual convention that moves from state to state. I am not sure where it will be held next year.

      I try to keep readers informed of black-doll shows, exhibits, and other related events.

      I am glad Dana gave you the link to my blog, too.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!