Monday, August 17, 2015

Live Love Laugh Finally!

Stock photo, Barbie Live Love Laugh  (LLL) tank top

After checking two different Walmart stores on multiple occasions, I finally found and purchased the Barbie Live Love Laugh tank top. There was only one in stock at the time.



As shown in my image above, I purchased a separate pink shirt that has patent leather sleeves, pocket, and trim at neck.  A third fashion piece is a pink and black skirt.  They were $2.44 each.

There were also two different shoe accessory packs priced the same as the LLL top, which I purchased for the flat shoes they include.
This accessory pack contains a lavender shoulder bag, lavender high-heels, shiny silver choker, aqua head band and bracelet, and gray oxfords

A dark pink purse and matching, flat slip-on shoes; dark pink and yellow necklace, white high heels, yellow bracelet, and white headband are in this accessory pack. 

Goddess, whose new full name is Goddess Emerald*, is wearing the Live Love Laugh top with black leggings (borrowed from Rocawear Grace).  Black sandals cover her feet.

Here she mixes the top and leggings with silver flats and matching purse.

The leggings are now worn with her new pink top with black patent-leather trim.  The kitten-face shoulder bag, cat ears headband and black flats are nice complements.

The pink top and black leggings are worn with pink flats.

The pink top is now paired with the pink and black skirt.  A pink purse and pink flats are added.

Finally, Goddess Emerald exchanged the pink flats for a pair of black ones to complete the look of the pink and black top and skirt ensemble.


*During the 13 hours spent at the ER with a family member recently, I met a delightfully precocious, overly-friendly-with-strangers, 2-year-old (going on 22) whose name is Emerald, Emmy for short. She was there for a minor head injury, but according to her, "I busted my head open in my daddy's car."  She had a visibly swollen area on her forehead, but no open wound.  Her rightfully concerned, mother brought her into the ER to have it examined.  Based on Emmy's behavior, I could tell the bump on the head did not set her back one iota.  She talked from the time she arrived until shortly before an exam room was available.  Her talking ceased only because she fell asleep around 2 a.m.  Because Emmy (who favors the little girl here) has a complexion similar to Goddess', I changed the doll's name to Goddess Emerald.


 dbg

20 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful story about little Emmy. I think she's going to go far in life. Hope your family member is ok.

    I never see those fashion packs at any of the toy stores I go to. I don't live anywhere near a Walmart. I have found some great stuff at thrift stores, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmy is a very bright little girl. I hope she indeed will go far in life. Thank you for the well wishes regarding my family member, who is much better, Robotica.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie, thanks for sharing this story about your encounter with the lively and bubbly Emerald. It is great that you named your doll after her. Those outfits are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading this post and for commenting, Arlette.
      :-)

      A few quick redresses are always fun.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. What a cute story and encounter with the obviously lovely Emmy! I expect your Emerald with have a similar, bubbly personality! BTW, she looks great in all those new fashions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis! We enjoyed the quick photo shoot. Initially, I was not going to try the tops and skirts on Goddess Emerald, but once I was into the post, I decided I really needed to (in spite of how I was feeling).

      dbg

      Delete
  4. A lovely story about Emmy! The fashions are beautiful, especially the live love laugh shirt, great that you have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I am glad you enjoyed Emmy's story. Sweet girl.

      I am sure you understand how good it feels to be able to remove something from a want list.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. The accessories are very nice. I love the story about Emerald. She sounds like an adorable little girl. I just bought my second Live, Love, Laugh shirt. I don't know why I needed two. I guess a photo shoot with two matching girls is in order as I keep buying that pair of jeans too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the jeans locally. If I do, I will snatch up a couple of pairs, too. Had there between two live, love, and laugh tops, I would have purchased two of those two.
      :-)

      Your plan for a photo shoot with matching girls sounds wonderful.


      dbg

      Delete
  6. Such a precious story about Little Emerald. :-) I had a very stressful day at work today and your post was just what I needed to make me smile. Emerald sounds like a real sweetheart. Oh, I almost forgot Goddess Emerald looks really nice in her fashions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GG! I am glad this post was a nice pick-me-up for you after a stressful day. Hope similar days are few and far between. Thanks for the compliment on Goddess Emerald's new fashions.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed the fashion show and the Emerald story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank Goddess Emerald for the lovely fashion show. Nice to see that top - congrats on getting it - and the other new fashions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally is right! I'm happy to see you got your shirt. I found one about a week ago. There was only one in my store, too. Goddess Emerald looks great in all her outfits. Little Emerald sounded like a delightful little woman, I mean girl. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to find the LLL top, too, Vanessa. I look forward to seeing it on one of your dolls.

      Emmy was definitely a jewel of a 2-1/2-year-old, very wise beyond her years.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!