Monday, October 26, 2015

Fashionista #12 is Finally Here, Red Ruffles, Too


I looked high and low, both locally and online for the doll I was formerly referring to as "blue sweater." No one had her -- not Target, not Walmart stores or  their dot coms.

I never made special trips to these places, well maybe to Target, because I have not shopped there as a routine since their security breach a few years ago.

Whenever and wherever I looked, this doll was nowhere to be found.  Frustrating.


Red Ruffles is a caramel complexioned 2015 Barbie Fashionista.

During a trip to one of the two Walmarts that I checked, I saw Red Ruffles up close and personal and, although she and Goddess Emerald share the same head sculpt, her complexion and hair color combinations were inviting enough for me to bring her home.  Unlike Goddess Emerald, this doll has high-heel feet.  I have not deboxed her yet, but will soon and will share better photos than the one above and the next two in-box photos.



Her dress makes it pretty obvious why I refer to her as "Red Ruffles."  Her box refers to her as this as well.  She will be given a real name later.

The number 11 and Red Ruffles appears on the lower right-hand corner of the doll's box.


Red Ruffles' presence preceded "blue sweater's" by almost three weeks until  I casually mentioned my desire for her in a Facebook group.  I received leads from a couple of members.   One led me to Toys R Us.com where the doll was priced $12.99 (more of course than I desired to pay compared to Walmart's price of $7.94) but my patience to find her was wearing thin.  Shipping was free since I purchased something else costing $7.99 as a qualifier for free shipping for orders of $19 or more.




She is here and is as lovely as I expected.  Because of her Tyra Banks resemblance, I have named her Tyra (even though her box refers to her as, 12 Pants So Pink).


Tyra also has not been deboxed, but I did take the following additional photos.





Like Goddess Emerald, Tyra's feet are flat.
Tyra will make a return appearance along with Red Ruffles once they both have been freed.

dbg

17 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    They are both gorgeous. I just got Red Ruffles as well..I couldn't believe how pretty she was in person. I have yet to see Blue Sweater anywhere around me either! Hopefully some of these more elusive ones will start to show up soon.
    Congrats on your new dolls. )
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Farrah. I was surprised by Red Ruffles' beauty when I saw her in person. I had not even considered purchasing until then.

      I hope Blue Sweater (Pants So Pink) and others you're seeking show up in your area soon.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie! Your new fashionistas are gorgeous. I'm glad you have succeeded in 'capturing' the elusive Tyra. Red Ruffles is so cute in her red top.
    Have fun with your girls!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlette! It feels great to have this one crossed off my wish list.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. I got mine from Amazon.com for $11.59. I still haven't seen her in stores. I was able to pick up the Denim Dress Fashionista at a Family Dollar Store in my area. She was $10.99. Can't wait to see what the 2016 line brings! I have seen some photos of that line already and it appears there aren't any new face molds, but different skin tones and hairstyles to make them different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      I am glad you were able to purchase one for a decent price. I did notice after ordering mine from TRU that the price on Amazon.com had decreased to $11.99. I guess that seller realized people were not going to purchase for $30.

      I checked Family Dollar's toy aisle a couple of weeks ago and didn't see any of the newer dolls. It's good to know they will be carrying them as well. I have purchased all that I want (and need) for now.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I ordered mine, to a friend that is also my english student by now,and a very respected doll dealer here in SΓ£o Paulo.
    She will be arriving probably in 15 or 20 days.I also had the same wish to get her for my collection.I love her face mold and I saw (by a member of a brazilian group), she perfectly done in a fashionista pivotal body,too. I'll probably do the same to resolve the trouble of this awful flat feet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to get her, Jorge! She is very lovely. Right now the flat feet are not bothering me but she would be much better on a pivotal body.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Tyra is beautiful! Can't wait to see what she looks like out of the box.

    I haven't found her in any local stores yet, but I did find Red Ruffles. She reminds me of the 2014 Holiday Barbie, which is one of the reasons I like her. Unfortunately, just like the Holiday Barbie, she has a bit of glue in her head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Ruffles and the 2014 Holiday Barbie do resemble (same head sculpt and complexion).

      I hope she shows up for you soon, too.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. They are both very pretty! This Fashionista's collection is awesome! However I really miss the articulated bodies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mattel did do a great job with this collection with reference to head sculpt variety and skin tone variations. I miss the articulated bodies, too.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. They both have great faces. I do like the different names they've given the dolls. An addition going beyond just the numbering of the Basics line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if they'd give them actual names. I saw what was said to be an official name chart floating around on Facebook. The designer of the dolls later said he the names were purely fan based that he did not give the dolls those names. According to the fan name chart, Red Ruffles' name is Rosa and #12's name is Kim. Those names don't fit in my opinion.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Hello everyone.. Permission to post.. I bought a doll from a thrift shop and i found out that it is a Nakajima doll.. That's the only info i know about it but i'm still not quite sure.. She was made in japan with a turtle shape logo, and N in the middle.. I hope you can help me with this one.. Let me give you the link for the photo...

      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxitb7RtYytPbTcwazhmMzNfX0k

      Thank you so much

      Delete
  8. Congrats! She is my last must have from that line. Any others are maybe's. I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is soon much better than the painted on smiles on the SIS dolls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!