Monday, October 8, 2012

The Wig Makes the Man

New playscale (1:6) male

He's been here for a while, dressed in boring jeans, gray dress shirt, and black boots standing atop my desk waiting for something else to wear.

After receiving my recent order from Shop.Mattel.Com, which included two fashion packs for Ken, I decided to try one or two of the fashions on New Guy.  In doing so, I have determined the Fashionistas Ken fashions can only be worn by slim-bodied dolls, which my new guy is not.  To illustrate this, I decided to share images of him dressed in the yellow print "Malibu Beach" hoodie and gray pants from Ken fashion Asst. N8329 X3134.

The pants will not close completely in the back due to New Guy's wider hips and larger bottom.


The hoodie fits a little too snug for me (and him).



The sandals from this fashion pack also have a snug fit, which makes them too short.   If I decide he needs to wear the sandals with something else in the future, I can dunk them in boiling water for a few seconds to stretch the vinyl for a better fit width and length-wise.

For now, I will allow him to swap clothing with "Afro" Ken (Sunsational Malibu Ken, 1981), whose was wearing the extra fashion that came with (Flavas) Tre.


Limbedolls dreadlock wig

To complete New Guy's look, I added a Limbe Dolls dreadlock wig recently received with an order placed through her Etsy shop.


Marley (this name just came to mind for him) is looking and feeling pretty good now. 


dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

14 comments:

  1. Awesome blossom blog!!! Feels great to be your 244th follower! It would be nice if you can follow me back at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my 244th follower, Asmita, and thanks for sharing the link to your American Girl blog!

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I wish the fashionistas packs would fit the action figures . I could dress more of the figures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really would be nice, MDW, especially since Ken's fashions appear to be improving from past offerings.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Marley looks great! I love his hait. I need to get a wig. I love how the dolls look with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: wow, wow ... you created for Marley a radical change. I like the wig of Limbe. You chose a perfect name for this guy. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marta. Marley is one cool-looking dude now.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Marley is one cool dude now. LOL Love the locs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marley wears it well! Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the dreads! He definitely looks more comfortable now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks great in the dreads. Like he used to be in the Air Force but then retired to the islands to run a bar with some of his old AF buddies. But... they are always ready for action.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!