Friday, September 18, 2020

I Named Him Chadwick

This adorable boy has blue eyes, black rooted hair, and the cutest facial expression. 


Found on Amazon, this adorable 13-inch all-vinyl boy was made in Spain by Paola Reina. I had wanted a girl with this head sculpt but was not able to find one. When I was made aware of the boy, I had to have him.  In honor of the late Chadwick Boseman, I named him Chadwick.

Chadwick took several pictures alone and with family members. Those photos with captions follow:

He wears a white short-sleeved T-shirt that has the outline of a bear's face on it and a blue hoodie made of bear-face-print fabric, khaki shorts, and low-top Chuck-style (Converse) sneakers.

This side-angle photograph illustrates the blue and white striped lining of his hoodie.

The hoodie is illustrated better in this photo. The jacket is not lined with this fabric.

Without the jacket, the outline of a bear's face on his shirt is clearly visible.

Here he is with his hoodie on.


In this picture, Chadwick posed with his older cousins Ndanaka and Zuri (made by Paola Reina but sold by Sibahle).

In this final photo, Chadwick posed with his younger cousins Omar and Sarabi (made by Vestida de Azul of Spain).

Now that I know I do not own a girl the exact height as Chadwick, a Paola Reina girl is on my radar. Amazon had several other Paola Reina dolls in stock at the time Chadwick was ordered, so it won't be difficult for me to find a girl to pair with him.

~~~~~~~~~~
It is still unbelievable that we lost the talented and gifted Chadwick Aaron Boseman this past August. His short-lived, yet very accomplished life is proof that we all have to cherish each day we are blessed with by making the most of our time and always being the best form of ourselves.

In memoriam.



dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!