Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A Just Because Thanksgiving-Christmas Doll

Thanksgiving-Christmas Doll


Another collector shared photos of her 14-inch Glitter Girls doll which piqued my interest. I looked the doll up on Amazon and decided I needed her because of her poseable arms and legs, which are really bendable vinyl without any articulated seams. I kept going back to the site to look at Keltie for about a week before I sent my son a text that read "buy this doll for me, please," which included the link. 

This was in early November. I assumed he'd have the doll shipped directly to me. When it didn't arrive within a week, I thought maybe I'd receive it for Christmas. On Thanksgiving Day, he greeted me with the still-sealed shipping box as shown in the first picture. 

I'm sure Keltie was more than ready to be freed from the confines of the box, but it took me about a week after Thanksgiving before I opened the box as shown in the following photos. 

I've since discarded the doll box, which has a large picture of Keltie on the front.

Inside her box, she was wrapped in plastic. I soon discovered why.

Keltie is true to her theme, a glitter girl. Every piece of her clothing including her shoes is accented with glitter. The shoes were covered with glitter. We all know what glitter does, falls off, and gets over everything! I immediately removed Keltie's clothes and placed them in a plastic bag. 

I removed the rubber band that held her ponytail in place and the glitter-filled hair bow to examine Keltie's black knee-length hair, which is closely rooted. Little girls will enjoy combing and styling Keltie's hair.

She has molded-on panties. The torso is made of firm plastic while the head, arms, and legs are softer vinyl.

Keltie has a wide forehead. I thought she needed bangs, so I gave her side-swept bangs by pulling about a half inch of the hair from the front right side over her forehead and behind her ear. It is held in place with a rubber band that is attached to a few strands of hair from the nape of her neck as illustrated next.

To create side-swept bangs, hair from the front of Keltie's hairline is held by a rubber band to hair from the nape of her neck.

Until after Christmas Keltie will wear a Christmas sweater (which is a wine bottle cover) with a pair of red corduroy pants. Her white shoes belong to Ideal's Velvet. "Ideally," I would prefer black shoes with this, but I could not find any that fit her (because I didn't look in all shoe storage areas).

I also pierced Keltie's ears with quilting pins that serve as stud earrings.

I tested her poseability by bending one knee back as illustrated here. 

Next, I bent her right arm inward at the elbow.

After Christmas, Keltie will wear Ideal Velvet's "On the Lamb Outfit" as illustrated in the final photo.

Keltie looks great in Velvet's "On the Lamb" fashion, a pair of borrowed white socks, and Velvet's white shoes.

Keltie is a cute, fun doll to pose. Her body and legs are thin, but she should be able to wear most 14- to 15-inch doll clothes. Keltie can be a great companion for dolls like Heart For Hearts and Wellie-Wishers. 


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. “Glitter goes everywhere” lol would be a good theme for a travel doll too. She is a nice size and looks like decent quality from your review πŸ˜ƒ. Congrats

    Did the bottle cover require modifications to fit over her head etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie,

    "Glitter goes everywhere," would be a great travel doll theme! Based on the validity of that statement, I'm not sure all participants would agree, however.

    I did not have to modify the neck of the bottle cover. I just gave it a little stretch pulled it down over her head.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!