Thursday, May 16, 2024

Ruby Red Toys Doll Family

Voice of the Future Jada by Ruby Red Toys

In my previous post, my Mother's Day doll, Voice of the Future Jada from the Ruby Red Fashion Friends line was introduced. As promised, photos of Jada with my other Ruby Red Toys doll family are included in this post.


By the Sea Maya, James, and Jada pose together.

Maya, James, and Jada

By the Sea Maya is my first Ruby Red Fashion Friend doll by Ruby Red Toys. James is my second doll from this series. Jada is my third from the Fashion Friends series. Maya and James have removable wigs. Maya's original wig, as illustrated here, was replaced last year with the auburn wig that she wears now. Jada's wig is permanently attached. 

The trio of Fashion Friends is joined by Kelsey, from Ruby Red Toys' Siblies line. Kelsey is Kayla's younger sister, but in my collection, she is Maya's little sister.

Illustrated in the next picture, two more Ruby Red Toys dolls complete my collection; my original Kelsey, seated on the right; and Create Your Dream Doll Mila.


Ruby Red Fashion Friends By the Sea Maya, James, Voice of the Future Jada, and my replaced Kelsey on the left are joined by my 1st Kelsey* and Create Your Dream Doll Mila.

I'm glad Voice of the Future Jada has joined the family of dolls that display well together as illustrated above.  

Why Kelsey Was Replaced

My 1st Kelsey's eyes transformed from flawed violet in color to an eerie pale pink as illustrated on the left. I used acrylic paint to paint over the eyes as illustrated on the right. 


*My first Siblies Kelsey was a Christmas gift from my son in 2021. The doll arrived with violet eyes. Because her hair has lavender lowlights, I thought the eyes were supposed to be violet. However, after Kelsey had been here for several months, her eyes continued to lighten to an eerie pale pink. Another collector informed me that her eyes were supposed to be brown. In 2023, I contacted Ruby Red Toys about the flawed eyes with proof of purchase, and they graciously and promptly replaced Kelsey. I was prepared to return the original doll, but they did not require that. To salvage the 1st Kelsey, I painted the eyes on a couple of occasions with acrylic paint in an attempt to achieve a "normal" look. My eye painting skills are crude, and I am not completely satisfied with the painted eyes, but they look much better than the pale pinkish color. 


Related Links


Christmas Dolls Part 3 of 5 (Kelsey #1's arrival)





©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I love Jada! That green looks amazing on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, RM1987! I agree--green is a great color for her.

      Delete
  2. Debbie do you have a Lorna Paris & Friends doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own several of Lorna Paris' one-of-a-kind dolls and two of the mass-produced dolls that might be in the Lorna Paris & Friends doll line that you mentioned. Those were less expensive dolls sold at department stores. She sold her one-of-a-kind dolls directly to collectors and made custom dolls by request. All except one of my one-of-a-kind dolls by the artist are custom dolls that were made at my request. The one that was not made by request was purchased from her at a doll show.

      Delete
    2. I went looking for a Lorna Paris doll on ebay and ended up finding even an Anne Geddes black doll

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!