Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Unboxed 2024 Looks Wave 4 #21 and #25

Barbie Looks #25, Wave 4

After ripping the top of his box open, I unboxed Barbie Looks Ken #25 from Wave 4 first. This guy's muscular, articulated body doesn't disappoint, but it will pose a redressing problem. Mattel does not offer many clothes for this physique. I'll have to find a seamstress to make something less pastelly for him.

Next, I opened Heidi's box (Looks #21).

The waist clip to Heidi's doll stand was no where to be found inside her box. I looked everywhere! #25's waist clip was inside a plastic envelop with his Certificate of Authenticity (COA), but #21's was not. I reached out to one of my Facebook doll groups and asked members who had deboxed their dolls if their Heidi came with a waist clip. Most answers were yes, except for one person whose waist clip was also missing. I contacted Amazon to request a replacement doll because my girl needed her clip.

After several minutes of searching for the waist clip, not finding it, reaching out to the other collectors, and requesting a replacement doll from Amazon, I decided to rebox Heidi as best as I could to prepare the return to Amazon, and then pick up the plastic ties that had fallen to the floor when I cut them away from both dolls to remove them from their boxes. 

That's when I found Heidi's waist clip on the floor under my chair [huge sigh of relief]. I cancelled the Amazon replacement and returned Heidi's box to the waste basket.

I did not hear Heidi's waist clip when it fell to the carpeted floor out of the unsealed COA plastic bag. Mattel needs to do better. If they need to place the clip inside a bag, the bag should be sealed.

With her waist clip found and her doll stand fully assembled, Heidi took additional photos alone and with Ken.

Heidi strikes a cute pose.

Heidi and Ken are both on their doll stands in this picture.

Here is a close-up picture of the lovely couple.

Next, Ken took comparison photos with the first Ken to use this head sculpt, Barbie Basics Ken Model #17 from the Denim Collection. Texas A&M Cheer Squad Ken was also photographed with the new guy.

These three handsome guys are seen in a close-up photo...

...and in a full-length photo.

Based on the online images, before Ken #25 arrived, it was difficult for me to believe he uses the same head sculpt as Model #17 and Cheer Squad Ken. But it is true; he does. The heads bear the same mark:  ©2010 MATTEL.

Their hairstyles or hair color, their body styles, facial screening, and their complexions differ. The first two Kens' complexions are similar and they both have flocked hair, but the hair color is different. Ken #25 has the deepest complexion. A tapered fade with curly rooted hair on the top and down the back of his head is his hairstyle.  

In this full-view photo, the guys assume a slightly different pose than in the photo immediately above.

Model #17 Ken has a MaleMuse body while Ken #25 uses the Buff Body Ken Made to Move body.



Texas A&M Cheer Squad Ken uses the pivotal Harley Ken body, which is more slender than Ken #25's.


The guys took this one final photo together before they parted ways.

Of the three guys, Model #17 remains my all-time favorite, but I am happy to own all three. 

Related Post


©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I like the hair of #25 better than the flocked hair of the other two. But I prefer #17's outfit. lol I don't know what the heck 25 is wearing! I am torn though now on whether I like Heidi better than Ken. For some reason she looks even better out of box. They are both great dolls though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #21 is a gorgeous doll! I will have to find #25 Ken something else to wear soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!