Friday, January 7, 2011

They Got it Right, Part 2 (Michelle Obama by Franklin Mint)

Franklin Mint Michelle Obama

After viewing actual images of Dawn Spears' Michelle Obama doll by Franklin Mint and sharing those images, with her permission, on my Four Words:  They Got It Right! blog of December 10, 2010, I became even more eager for my doll to arrive   The wait is over.  My doll arrived yesterday. 

After opening the well-packaged box and seeing my doll up close and personal for the first time, I added two additional words to my prior four-word description:  She's breathtaking! 

I am very impressed with Franklin Mint's ability to so adequately capture the image of First Lady Michelle Obama in three-dimensional, vinyl doll form.  I love everything about this doll from her well-styled wig to her shapely legs and pedicure. 

In addition to more than adequately capturing First Lady Obama's likeness, quality and attention to detail are evident in every aspect of the doll, clothing, and accessories.  The satin-lined black dress is very well made with a zippered back closure.  The black vinyl pumps fit properly.  The removable wristwatch, two-stranded faux pearl necklace, and faux diamond stud earrings nicely replicate those worn by First Lady Michelle Obama in her official White House portrait.

I took a total of 16 photographs with and without the camera's flash using two cameras.  Before I completed the photo shoot, my husband noticed the doll for the first time and commented, "She looks like Michelle Obama."  I replied, "It is!"   Surprisingly, since he pays very little attention to my dolls, he said, "Finally, someone got it right.  The other ones look nothing like her."  [By other ones, he meant the dolls by Danbury Mint and Ashton-Drake that I purchased and returned.]

By the way, this doll is currently reduced in price at the Franklin Mint website. So if you do not already own it, now is a great time to add it to your collection or inform other doll enthusiasts who might want to do the same.  I believe anyone interested in items that commemorate American history would enjoy owning this doll.   

I uploaded the additional images to my Flickr account.


dbg

Please adhere to copyright notice (see bottom of blog).

2 comments:

  1. This one is the best Michelle Obama doll by far. Thank you for sharing all of the photos. I'm so glad that you finally have a MO doll that you are happy with!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!