Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Deja Dohl Speaks!



Deja Dohl, photograph courtesy of Stephan Davidich

With assistance from doll artist, Stephan Davidich, his authentically "Black" fashion doll, Deja Dohl, shares the concept of her creation and future aspirations in an in-depth, first-ever doll interview!   Yes, you read it correctly, I interviewed a doll!  While the table of contents lists the article as an "Artist Q&A," it is actually a doll Q&A.


The interview is published in the Spring 2013 Technology issue of Fashion Doll Quarterly, which should  arrive in subscribers' mailboxes this week.

In the following two videos, with the aid of modern technology, Deja Dohl remarkably speaks and changes her facial expression, respectively. Click the play arrows to view.





Isn't she amazing?

The above two videos were produced by J. David McKenney with Deja's photography and styling by J. David McKenney and Andrew Yang,

If you are not a FDQ subscriber and want to learn more about the lovely Deja Dohl, the Spring 2013 issue can be digitally download for $6.99 here under Featured Items.  Printed copies can be purchased from the FDQ website for $10 plus postage here.


Thank you, Deja Dohl and Stephan, for allowing me to share your story with the readers of Fashion Doll Quarterly.  Once again, a heartfelt thanks is extended to the FDQ editor, Pat Henry, for warmly accepting one of my articles.

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

12 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congrats to you both. I'm looking forward to reading the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to an amazing artist who could not deserve it more!!!! Xoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be on the look out for the article. Steve contacted me via linkin to tell me about it! Congrats!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: congratulations… Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debbie! Congratulations!!! I look forward to getting the next issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll add my "Wow" too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I can't wait to read he article.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!