Thursday, May 16, 2013

Coming to America

 


All photos courtesy of Woelfert-Puppen, but the doll is mine!

This smiling beauty, handcrafted by Woelfert-Puppen, will travel to America from Germany this week with an unspecified date of arrival, but soon, I hope.  She is my happy birthday present from me to me.

Upon their recent request for name suggestions for another doll, I submitted the name, Nya Imani, which they accepted.  I cannot, however, think of a name for the doll I purchased.  Like Nya Imani's name, I'd like for my doll's name to have a special meaning.  Nya means purpose and Imani means faith.  Both names are of Swahili origin.

Nya Imani's sister is all vinyl and stands 33-1/2 inches tall.  She is jointed at the head, shoulders, hips, legs, and knees.  Her brown eyes are hand-blown glass from Lauscha.  This smiling beauty has a handmade human hair wig.  Made in Germany, she will arrive wearing a butterfly embellished sarong. 

Below are more pictures of my unnamed smiling beauty.   








As Stevie Wonder wrote about his first-born (Aisha--a name I have contemplated), "Isn't she lovely?"  

I am open to suggestions and solicit your help in selecting a name for her.  Thank you in advance.



dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

10 comments:

  1. Hello From Spain, i like your new doll. Great doll. She is very pretty. I like a name of SpAin, Luz. The name means light. She is very cute. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty and I love her hair! She looks like an Aisha and Imani. A soft name that has a beautiful meaning would be nice.

    Congratulations on getting her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her hair! What a great birthday present to self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! Happy birthday. I am the worst at names, but Aisha is a pretty name. By the way, did you know that Vanessa means butterfly? Just a little name trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabitha Jade. That's who I see when I look at her. Her hair is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for your comments and name suggestions. I think I have narrowed it down to one name that was suggested off-blog, but I won't know for sure until my lovely little-big girl arrives.

    Waiting with anticipation...

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Debbie . Happy birthday I like the name Nayijah pronounced Na ji yah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Lady Rose! Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know the meaning of Nayijah?

      dbg

      Delete
  8. Thank you, Wilson. She should be here in two weeks.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!