Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Loveseat Followup

After viewing a My Froggy Stuff tutorial on how to make a doll loveseat, I made one in playscale a few weeks back using textured felt found at Wal-Mart.  Images of the loveseat can be seen in a previous post.

My husband mentioned that he could make a matching chair for the loveseat.  So on a subsequent trip to Wal-Mart, I checked for and purchased additional quantities of the textured felt.

It took him several weeks to begin and another week or so to complete the chair, because he works at his own pace and on several projects at a time.  He is so unlike me in that area because I want my projects to end as soon as I start them, but sometimes haste does make waste.

As a reminder for him, I left the loveseat on the kitchen counter along with the doll he used to scale the chair.  They both remained there for several weeks before I discovered he had finally taken the felt into his work space to begin crafting the chair.

Once I knew he had begun his work, I pulled up the My Froggy Stuff video and asked him to come into the doll room to watch it.   "I don't need to watch a video," he insisted.

"Oh, just come watch it to see what she does," I urged.

Unrelenting, he firmly said, "I can do this."

So I politely stepped down

His chair is shown below followed by a trio of women gathered to discuss whatever.  I'll allow the reader to caption the second picture.
Playscale chair made by Husband to match the playscale loveseat I made several weeks ago.

Caption this (click to enlarge)
Kayla (seated on the left in the matching chair) is the doll that was seated on the loveseat on the kitchen counter until the chair was completed.  Perhaps she is saying, "No, he didn't need to watch a video; but ladies... I didn't think I'd ever make it back to the doll room."  Dayle listens attentively while Pop Life Christie gives Kayla a serious co-signing side glance (as if to say, Girl, I didn't think you would either).

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

15 comments:

  1. Your husband did a great job! The love seat and sofa make a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was cute about this post. You and your husband and the dolls. He did a great job on his chair. If I were Kayla, I think I would have climbed off the counter and made my way back to the doll room. LOL! At least it was only a few weeks. My experience is sometimes the better half never completes the project he says he will. Kudos to your husband for following through on his doll project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned to be patient and not to nag when I want him to complete something even when he offers to do a thing. Nagging only serves to prolong the situation or make it not happen at all. At random, I will offer subtle hints, gentle reminders, and silent clues.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. This story is so much fun to read, you give so much personality to your dolls and furniture (Yes! furniture has personality! Of the maker!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carmen. I am glad you find my dolls animated.

      But you haven't seen dolls come to life if you haven't read one of Vanessa's doll stories.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I love that fabric, your husband did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The felt is beautiful, Mustiwait. I wish Wal-Mart offered it in more colors. There was some animal print felt that would work well for something. I should have purchased it to use as a throw rug. Hmmm... next time I'm there, I'll pick some up for that purpose.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. LOL, your husband sounds like me and all my projects - I get to them eventually. You both did some awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're so good at your projects, too, Muff. So I guess taking time to complete them pays off in the long run. Me... I still want to be through and move on to something else.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I love both chairs! My Froggy Stuff is great. I don't know how she comes up with it all! I've seen several thing I want to make. I think having someone else make a chair, no matter how long it takes is better than me doing it! ;)

    I think I have seen that felt at Micheal's. I sure it was more than you paid at Walmart but they did have some colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Leo (good to see a comment from you)!

      I'll have to check for textured felt at Michaels the next time I am there.

      The first time I purchased the felt at Wal-Mart, the shelf price showed 90 cents, I believe, but it rang up for 75 cents a square. I purchased four squares and there was a little over 1 square left after I made the loveseat.

      I believe it rang up at the regular price when I purchased the second set of squares. I purchased four again, knowing that was too much. One square and scraps were left after Husband completed the chair.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Very sweet story Debbie. Your husband is hilarious. : ). The great thing is that he followed through and did so very well. The chair looks great.

    The story about Kayla made me chuckle because I have on my dining room table that has been there since my last blog, so I am sure they are rolling their eyes (if they could) at me every time I pass by. Lol!

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GG.

      That conversation between the ladies came to me just as I was ended this post. It's amazing how the dolls can speak through us, if we listen.

      I am happy that my husband came through, too. I gave him another quite small project to do this morning. Hopefully, he will get to it soon. There will be no pressure from me, though, because I tried and failed miserably at doing what I need him to do. I know my limitatios.

      I can hear your dolls now: There she goes again, acting like we're not still here.

      LOL!

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!