Friday, October 2, 2015

Replaced Fashionista and Two Separates


Found at Walmart for $7.94 this doll replaces the smudged face doll received from TheBarbieCollection, which was returned to them for credit.

Denim pants and sleeveless jacket found at Walmart for $2.24 each.

These two denim separates were purchased from Walmart on the same day the replacement doll was purchased, a floral patterned jeans and vest.  The plan had been to use these for this doll's redress.  I am not sure which Barbie the pants were cut to fit but even on So in Style Chandra (seen next), the hip area has a loose fit.  They swallowed the Fashionista Barbie and I did not bother to photograph how foolish she looked wearing them.

Chandra wears the two denim separates that were purchased for the Fashionista Barbie.
This is the redress we settled on initially.

In the above photo, the Fashionista wears what Chandra had been wearing (minus the shoes).  It is a Sparkle Girlz fashion.  She wears her original tan sandals, muted gold earrings, and turquoise shoulder bag.

She needs a name, but I am not good at remembering names unless they were chosen by the manufacturer or unless the doll reminds me of someone.  She does remind me of a young child that was my son's babysitter, but that was over 30 years ago and I cannot recall her name other than the fact that it began with a K.  I am open for name suggestions.

Update 5:40 a.m.
After the original publication of this post, I decided I did not really like the way her body looked in the turquoise top and peach skirt.  For some reason the fashion itself seemed to make her head appear over sized.  I redressed her a second time in another Sparkle Girlz fashion that better complements her head/body proportions.

Here she is, front and center, standing out among the rest in her multicolored cotton sundress with  faux suede belted waist, lightweight sleeveless "denim" jacket, still wearing her original shoes and earrings and still needing a name.


dbg

20 comments:

  1. Hi, the denim vest and pants are beautiful. It's strange that the pants are so loose though! The second outfit looks awesome on the Fashionista, that's a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      I was shocked at the fit/cut of the denim pants particularly since none of the current dolls have fuller figures and these are loose on Chandra, who does have fuller hips. It may be that the pair I purchased was not cut and/or sewn correctly.

      I think the 2nd redress better suits her.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for that doll with no luck. So, congrats! I saw the pants but not the vest, so congrats again! Cute photo! Hey are you finding it hard to post and follow blogs with time spent on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to find this one soon, Ms. Leo. Thanks for the congrats on the pants and vest. I literally removed all the separates from the two or three bins when shopping at Walmart that day and looked at each one. I did luck out by finding these two at the same store. I also purchased another LLL tunic/top since it was so difficult for me to find initially.

      RE: FB time and blog time. I have been on FB for several years and it has never interfered with my blog time. I am usually on FB no more than 5 minutes, if that, at a time.

      My blogs are usually written and kept in draft form until photos are taken or I write them after photos are taken. Either way, they are kept in draft form until I can thoroughly proof the text before publishing. With the recent turn of events in my life, I have found myself writing several blog posts on a particular day of the week and scheduling them to publish on different days the following week. The posts that were published this week were written last Sunday and scheduled to publish on M, W, and F of this week. My scheduled time of publishing is always 12 midnight.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. That's some really good info on blogging! I'll have to keep that in mind! You got the separates for 2.24? My Walmart had them for 2.99. It feels like the price is creeping up in Philly!

      Delete
  3. I'm feeling the denim outfit. Did you check to see if the pants would fit the Prettie Girls? She looks much cuter in that second outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't check to see if the pants will fit the Prettie Girls. Never thought about that. I will do that later and post another reply.

      Yep... that 2nd outfit, which was formerly worn by SIS Grace, looks much better on this unnamed doll. Grace is now wearing the turquoise top and peach skirt.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Hi Vanessa,

      Prettie Girls Lena tried on the jeans yesterday and I photographed her wearing them. The photos are posted in a new blog post which can be seen/read here.

      An interesting comment to this post by Jewell suggests that the pants might be boyfriend jeans. I'm not sure if that is what Mattel was shooting for but that's a possibility. I like them as regular jeans on dolls with curvier hips.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I love the final outfit on her. It is my favorite Sparkle Girl outfit, but I haven't tried it on a Barbie doll yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you have been able to find the right doll to replace the other one. And yes she looks fantastic in the dress.
    I like how organise you are with your blogging. Thanks for the good tips.
    Regarding the name: she looks like a Jasmeen or a Kendra to me. I'm not sure if I'm really helping you though.
    Anyway, take care and enjoy your collection!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the name suggestions, Arlette. Hey, I might name her after you or your sister. Is this the one that you said reminds you of your sister or is it the other one that I have yet to find? What is your sister's name, if you don't mind sharing.

      I have to be organized with reference to everything I do now. I have very little free time, so I try to utilize my time wisely.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Your sister's name is beautiful! I will use it for my doll. Thanks!

      dbg

      Delete
  6. Good that you were able to replace her. That ruffled dress from Sparkle Girlz is one of my favorite dresses from them. It is very well made and very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. Still need the one in the blue sweater. Will try to get to Target and Walmart both today to see if I can find her.

      The SG Ruffled dress and denim jacket is my all-time favorite SG fashion, too. I wish they would make more that are as stylish as this one.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. Yep, the fit of the pair in the last wave were like that, too. I couldn't tell if they were intentionally loose like boyfriend jeans or just ill-fitted. Your new girl looks like a Khadija, a Kim, or a Kai to me. Congrats on getting your replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed getting the jeans from the last wave. Boyfriend jeans, eh? That may be the reason for the loose fit, but I think the girls would be sagging in these.

      Thanks for the wonderful name suggestions, Jewell!

      dbg

      Delete
  8. That is great that you received your replacement doll. I have yet to find the denim pieces. She looks great redressed. Kayla or Kamilah (pronounced Ka-me-la) is what comes to mind if you are considering a K name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New outfits! I haven't seen the latest fashion separates yet. Glad to see that the pants pattern is on both sides but too bad they don't fit Barbie or your Lena doll.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!