Saturday, October 3, 2015

Prettie Girls Lena in Barbie Denim Pants for Vanessa


Because of the unusually wide cut of the floral patterned denim Barbie pants shown packaged above, left, they swallow the thin frame of my newest Fashionista.  I opted to allow SIS Chandra to wear them along with the denim jacket as seen here.

After reading my previous post, Vanessa wanted to know if the jeans would fit the Prettie Girls.  In answer to this question, Prettie Girls Lena illustrates the fit in the photos below.

The pants do fit Lena but the waist falls a little low, exposing the top of her molded-on panties, as seen better in the next photo.
Lena's panty top is exposed.  Wearing a longer top will remedy this.  Note that the denim jacket fits, but I did not properly align the Velcro closure.

A tunic paired with the jeans provides the needed waistline coverage.
Lena shows off her curves in this profile photo.

Due to the size of Lena's bottom, the lower portion of the Velcro closure does not meet properly.  Again, a longer top will camouflage this.
So the answer to Vanessa's question is:  Yes, Prettie Girls can wear these jeans, but they will look better with a long top or bodysuit.

dbg

18 comments:

  1. Very helpful post...Thank you! I had both of these items in my hand a few days ago but put them back. I remembered how the previous jeans fit and felt pretty sure these floral ones would be the same. I didn't think of trying them on Lena. I'll be adding them to her wardrobe on my next trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jewell. I hope they work for you.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Jewell are the jeans shown in this fashion pack set the ones you referred to has being ill-fitting -- cut too wide for the Fashionista body type?

      dbg

      Delete
    3. The jeans I though were ill-fitting came in a single pack. They are pictured in the first photo of this post from Roville's blog: http://robing-roville.blogspot.com/2015/02/2015-barbie-fashion-paks.html
      I have the pair from that fashion pack and they are loose, too but not nearly as bad as the ones that were sold individually.

      Delete
    4. Thank you for the link to Roville's blog, Jewell. I missed that pair of jeans but do have some of the other separates shown.

      I saw the fashion pack with the other jeans at Walmart earlier this week and considered buying it, but left it there. I will probably grab it the next time I am there, if it is still available.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Very useful information! Since prettie girls haven't come out with any fashion packs, it is good to know that these will work for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Vanessa asked the question because it might have taken a while for me to "figure out" which other dolls have bodies suitable for these fuller cut jeans.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Those fit better than I would have expected. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny that Vanessa asked. I was thinking the same thing when you said how big they were. The Pretty Girls have some booties on them for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... the Prettie Girls "got back."

      You're welcome!

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Thanks Debbie. I will pick up a pair next time I see them. Wonder why Mattel cut them so big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.

      I haven't a clue why Mattel cut them so big. Jewell suggested they might be boyfriend jeans, but BF jeans are typically loose all the way down with the ability to cuff them. The legs of these are tapered like skinny jeans.

      dbg

      Delete
  6. You got to love Lena's curves! I feel her pain on trying to find the right fit. Great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Leo. Yes, I love Lena's curves, but they can be a challenge when trying to find clothes for her to wear.

      dbg

      Delete
  7. I have not seen them at my stores yet. I want the jacket more than anything. I love denim.

    Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they show up soon GG. The denim jacket is made of a stiff but thin material, almost feels like paper. It looks better than it feels. There goes Mattel... cutting corners.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. I really like that jeans.They are really cute.
    Keep in touch.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MDS. After Jewell mentioned the boyfriend jeans probability of Mattel's design thought, I am liking the jeans more myself.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!