Thursday, November 23, 2017

Ornament Hat Adjustment

Caleb Craig in over-sized ornament hat from Target

Clearly the ornament hat from Target is too large for Caleb Craig and other Ken-size dolls. Determined for Caleb to wear it, I made a few minor adjustments to give it a better wearing appearance as illustrated next:

The ear muffs have been pulled up and held in place with two yellow-topped quilting pins.

The views from the side and back are shown above.  In addition to pinning the ear muffs up, some of the excess plaid fabric in the lower-back-mid section of the hat is now tucked inside the fur in that same area.

This is a closer look at the pinned up ear muffs. If you look closely you can see the yellow top of the pin on the left which is at the tip of the muff.  A remnant of the faux string that had served as the ornament hook still remains in the center of the hat.


The fit is still not perfect, but it looks much better than before.  


dbg
Thank you for reading. Was this post helpful?
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
View the Doll Events page for updates. Check out my eBay listings here.

6 comments:


  1. Happy thangsgiving to you, your family, your friends, your loved ones!
    I want to thank you for the idea of ​​wine bottle covers in "frightful sweater of Christmas", I am getting mine around December 15, which will give me time to tinker at the right size ...; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the Happy Thanksgiving wish LéonorEtLorelei for me, my family, friends, and loved ones.

      Blessings to you and yours!

      I am so happy that the past blog post about wine covers was helpful for you. I keep my eyes peeled for things that can be useful in my doll collection. When I saw the wine covers, I immediately saw doll clothes.

      Good luck with the ones you will receive soon.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. WOW, I don't think my Target had the hat! I might go to another Target! I did get the jacket. They look great together. My Target didn't have many of the sweaters... Not like pervious years. I was lucky to get what I got. Now I need to get to Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get to Michaels, but that's doubtful. I wonder if they even have any of their jacket, vest, and sweater hats left (if they had any at all). I might have my daughter check.

      We (my husband and I) had to dig through the loose ornaments at Target. I probably wouldn't have found these four items had he not been with me to help. I am not very good at rummaging through things.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I'm never in the country when Target comes out with these "ornaments." Otherwise I'd probably come up with my own idea or two. What I would do with the shirt, is to change the buttons to something smaller. A quick & easy way would be to use tiny brads (Michaels sells them) which come in a variety of colors and don't require sewing! Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April,

      I agree that the flannel shirt would look a lot better with smaller buttons and I'm sure I have some in my button tin that would work either sewn on or hot glued on.
      I need to try out my new hot glue gun anyway.

      :-)

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!