Friday, December 21, 2018

Aldi's Wine Bottle Christmas Sweaters

An ALDI display of Christmas sweater wine bottle covers

A couple of weeks ago, while shopping at my favorite discount grocer, ALDI, I saw the above display of Christmas sweater wine bottle covers.  Initially, I was only going to buy one because I am on a self-imposed spending budget, but my enabling husband was with me and said, "get three."  I really only wanted one, but it doesn't take much to enable me, so I chose the following three.

I chose two Santa wine bottle covers and one with a Christmas tree design.
I knew I would colorize the Santas to keep one for myself and gift the other.  The plan was to use the third one for its intended purpose, a wine bottle cover.


Using an Ultra-fine-tipped brown Sharpie, I did change the complexion of the Santas to brown, as illustrated above.  Only one of these was supposed to be a gift, but I gave both brown Santa-themed Christmas sweaters away.  I went back to ALDI later the same week and all were g-o-n-e!  I even checked another ALDI, but none were there.  Oh well... it's not like I needed any because I have purchased several Christmas sweater ornaments and Christmas sweater wine bottle covers in the past, many of which have yet to be used.  I also still have the Christmas tree one from ALDI.

The ALDI wine bottle covers measure 7 inches in length from the neckline to the hem and 5 inches from shoulder to shoulder.  The actual shoulder length is about 4-1/2 inches.  I knew these would probably fit a 14- to 16-inch doll.  I chose the following doll to model the one I kept.

Totally Coolness Lizette by Robert Tonner wears the ALDI wine cover Christmas sweater as a dress.  It fits her well.

In the future, should I find other Santa sweaters (ornaments or wine bottle covers), I now know I can use a brown Sharpie to colorize as opposed to painting, which I have done in the past, as seen in this photo.

Here is a link to past Christmas sweater ornament posts.


dbg
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
View the Doll Events page for upcoming doll shows. Check out my eBay listings here.
Thank you for your continued support

4 comments:

  1. Great score! I didn't see them. I will have to look again! They should work well for Dasia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Leo. Yes, these should work well on Dasia... they'll be a little long, however.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. That's a great fit! I'll have to take a look for similar ones here. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, jSarie. I hope you're able to find some.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!