Saturday, April 30, 2022

Dollar Tree Dolls

5-inch dolls from Dollar Tree purchased 2/22/22


Last year these dolls were $1 like everything else you could purchase at Dollar Tree until the store increased the prices of some items to $1.25. The price increase was announced last November, but I didn't notice an increase in the price of the things I buy there until earlier this year. (Greeting cards, cleaning products, a particular leave-in hair conditioner, and other essentials are usually the extent of my Dollar Tree purchases... oh but I always check the doll section because I've found Mattel Barbie fashions and accessories at Dollar Tree.)

These two were purchased last year for $1 each.


I had purchased two of these last year when they were priced at $1 each. I wasn't sure if the three purchased on 02/22/22 were the same as the others until I got home. I was hoping they were different, but they are not. So now I have quintuplets. 

I might try to repaint the eyes of one just to test my hand at doing that. We shall see. If I mess up, I've only lost $1.25, but had I tried repainting the eyes last year and messed up, the loss would have only been $1. Inflation! (But the store claims the price increase is not due to inflation; it's so they can offer a wider variety of products. Insert an eye-roll here.)

These 5-inch dolls are nice for larger dolls to hold or just to have if your collection is space deprived like mine. You really can't go wrong at $1.25 each.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!