Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Beatriz's Eyes


My Twinn Beatriz' eyes used to be hazel green.

Near the end of 2016, My Twinn Beatriz arrived as an unpainted "head" only with hazel-green eyes and upper and lower eyelashes. I painted the head to match a My Twinn body that I found some time later (years later, actually), and I attached the head to the body with a zip tie.

Beatriz's wig was removed before this photo was taken.

By 2020, Beatriz's hazel-green eyes had turned a milky color as illustrated in the first photo and in the photo immediately above this paragraph and below the next paragraph. 

I contacted the person who inserted the original eyes to see what I/she could do. She offered to replace the eyes and directed me to an eBay seller who sells eyes that fit My Twinn dolls. I only had to pay for the eyes and the roundtrip postage to send the head for the eye replacement.

In preparation for shipping, Beatriz's head was removed from the body. The wig, which had never been permanently attached, was also removed.


In this photograph, the eyes have been replaced.

Beatriz returned with replaced eyes. The upper and lower eyelashes were removed during the eye replacement but not reattached before Beatriz was returned. They were returned enclosed in an organza pouch. 

The rims of the eyelashes were encrusted with glue residue. To remove the glue residue, I soaked them for a few minutes in boiled water. The boiled water dissolved most of the glue. Any remaining glue was scraped off with a toothpick. I allowed the eyelashes to dry before reattachment.

The lower eyelashes were glued on first.

Next, the upper eyelashes were glued on.


The head was zip-tied to the body and the wig put in place.


What a difference the new eyes make.

Beatriz looks as good as she did before the original eye color faded.

I am pleased with Beatriz's new eyes and the speed at which the replacement was done. Here's hoping that these eyes maintain their original color.

Thank you, Holly!

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!