Thursday, October 27, 2022

Fresh Squad Kahlil and his Doppelganger

Fresh Squad Kahlil


I had seen Kahlil at Walmart on one occasion before I purchased my doll. I visited Walmart's website where I saw him first. Since his hair is so much like Malik's, the only original Fresh Squad doll that remains in my Fresh dolls collection, I had initially decided against adding Kahlil to my collection. But I relented the second time I saw him at Walmart because he was hidden in the back of about six Fresh fashion dolls and was the only male there. The top of his box was dinged up, so I brought him home, knowing that I would immediately debox him after taking the above photograph and the next with him still boxed.

Dr. Lisa, creator and founder of Fresh Dolls and CEO of World of EPI, is featured on the back of Kahlil's box.


The description from my Excel spreadsheet is copied below.
A new member of the Fresh Squad, Kahlil is an articulated 12-inch articulated male with a medium complexion, black microbraids, dark brown painted eyes, and a black painted mustache and goatee. Dressed in a white hoodie with turquoise, purple, and yellow long sleeves with the initials FS on the front right of the hoodie in the same colors as the sleeves; turquoise knee-length pants, and white high-top sneakers. Part of the Fresh Squad male fashion dolls, Kahlil uses the same head sculpt as the original Fresh Squad. His hair is styled similarly to Malik from Wave 1.

The $12.99 price and articulation helped in my decision to purchase Kahlil.

Kahlil is seen in a close-up photo.

He's a handsome doll. I'm glad I didn't leave him behind.

 
Kahlil and Colin Kaepernick


Kahlil favors Colin Kaepernick to me. Do you agree?

***

Rock the Bells Ebony and Anthony


Not part of my collection at this time, but just to inform readers, The World of EPI has collaborated with LL COOL J's fashion brand, Rock the Bells. Priced the same as Kahlil, Anthony and Ebony were available to order from Walmart at the time this post was published.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!